• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

martial art shoes

47MartialMan - I don't have any personnal recommendations on shoes because the only ones I wear during training are tabi. But I've talked to students that have used the following shoes with no proplems:

Lo-Top Cross Trainer

TKD Cross Trainer

ADIDAS TKD 2000

You can check them out at the Century website.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, the school I attend and co-instruct allows shoes, but in my opinion, I prefer that students would not wear Martial Arts shoes. It takes away from the technique, and you don't really get the feel for the kick and the way the foot is supposed to feel against a target. I think the traditional, no foot cover is the way to go, unless, of course, you are sparring and are required to wear the foot pads.

Another thing, if you are looking for added weight to your kicks, wear ankle weights or use a rip-cord, though sometimes they can be unreliable and come un-attached if they are over-used.

Personally, the school I attend and co-instruct allows shoes, but in my opinion, I prefer that students would not wear Martial Arts shoes. It takes away from the technique, and you don't really get the feel for the kick and the way the foot is supposed to feel against a target. I think the traditional, no foot cover is the way to go, unless, of course, you are sparring and are required to wear the foot pads.

If they have to perform away from the school, per a actual combat, what difference does it make? You going to try and remove your shoes?

I tell you this, with shoes on it is hard to hit with the ball of the foot.

In our self defense class, we tell people to bring in their many types of footwear. Heeled shoes, restrictive shoes, etc. They practice in them. These would be the items on them the moment they have to defend.

>>>>>In our self defense class, we tell people to bring in their many types of footwear. Heeled shoes, restrictive shoes, etc. They practice in them. These would be the items on them the moment they have to defend.

I have done this with my students for a long time. We also have them wear their street clothes every now and then so they can see the restrictions of them.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

>>>>>In our self defense class, we tell people to bring in their many types of footwear. Heeled shoes, restrictive shoes, etc. They practice in them. These would be the items on them the moment they have to defend.

I have done this with my students for a long time. We also have them wear their street clothes every now and then so they can see the restrictions of them.

Did that too,. In the winter, they wear jackets

When I wear MA shoes, I wear Mooto "Wings".

They are very light and comfortable, and look pretty nice too.

Mooto "Wings"

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean