• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

color of sparring gear

I guess doesnt matter to the opponent getting hit, or you getting hit, what was color that had hit.

...no, but there is a reason for the red and the blue...

Anyway, I'm gonna back up what some of the other members here have said and suggest that you talk with your instructor about it.

If you don't need any sparring gear just yet or if you can borrow equipment from the school, then there isn't a great need for you to spend your hard earned $$$ buying your own.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worry more about your technique before you go to competitions. Before you actually compete in a competition, go and watch the people in your division, if it is local, they are probably some of the people you will be going against in upcoming events, depending on how fast they go up in rank.

I agree, gear color is a silly worry.

Well, I teach TSD, not TKD, so I don't know the rules for every specific tournament, but 'red' and 'blue' don't generally refer to the color of the gear you wear, in my experience...

I allow mystudents to get whatever color gear they want. It really doesn't bother me.