• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

color of sparring gear

i am about to by myself all new sparring gear. I am only a white belt starting out. I was wondering whether i should by a solid chest protector or the training ones? Will i be able to use the training one in competitions? Should i make all of my sparring gear white, red or blue? if you are assigned to the blue side of a competition can you have red headgear and etc.? or should i just stay with white?

Martial Arts USA

TALIUM - THE SPIRIT OF TAEKWONDO

https://www.talium4me.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ask your instructor. but as a beginner this should be the least of your worries.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

I'm with the previous poster .. talk to the man in charge. I think at your rank and being a beginner, this wouldn't be that important. In most of the dojos students get to sparr and need protections after 1-3 years. Maybe it's better to just wait until you really know you're gonna stick to it, so that you won't spend the money on things you won't need if quitting. It may also happen that your dojo let's you spar right away, so you'll need protections ...

Talk to the instructor and he'll give you the best advice. Welcome to the beautiful world of MA :karate:

i think whut 47 is tryin to say is that the spar gear is only red and blue for a reason.

And there are a few reasons why..

first,tkd isnt about lookin fancy..and second most tournements only have a red n blue button.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

my gear is century white i wish the color pink or purple but get down to earth white or red is the best color most people wear. from matt blakethe COLOR DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL

Edited by matbla

No, I am saying is what difference is the color? What should matter is its quality to do the job.

Worrying about color points to image conciousness.

And that could lead to egocentricism.

Amen, could not have said it better myself

"Karate is like ballet, except there is no music, no choreography and the dancers get to hit each other."