• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wow, you trained with Wally Jay and Remy Presas?

Very impressive. Although I am not quite impressed with George Dillman. I had a student attend many of his seminars and that student had learned nothing. Worse, he could not even perform a lot of methods on a student of mine. All in all, my student did say that George Dillman was very polite.

Not to sound biased, but given a choice, I rather train in Goju instead of "Western TKD".

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trained with them when I brought some of my students to their seminars every year they were in my area.....I didnt mean to imply that I was a direct student of theirs....sorry if my post was misleading in that sense....Goju was my main style and I was a direct student of those masters who had trained under Toguchi and Shinjo since 1960 in Okinawa.

George Dillman did knock me out though, with a strike to my triple warmer 17 point.....and yes, most definetely, his method of RyuKyu Kempo works.....

Wally Jay took a liking to me since he knew one of my teachers, and since I had rank over many of the people attending, I was fortunate enough to work directly with him at all his seminars. Grandmaster Jay introduced me to Grandmaster Presas at one of those seminars, and that is how I came to work with him at all the seminars over the years as well. I must say though.....its an incredible honor that I always treasure, year after year, because they truly are legends, and their abilities are phenomenal.......

As far as Goju goes.....I believe it to be (in its most traditional form) one of the most "complete" arts I have ever seen......considering that is not only "stand up punch and kick", but in close grappling from shaolin chin na, pressure points, and the internal art of chi gung.

I studied both Okinawan Goju under the Shoreikan (Toguchi) lineage with two of his direct students, one of which was also a direct student, and very close friend of Shinjo, of the Shobukan.

I studied USA/Urban Goju ryu under two direct students of Peter Urban, and did have the pleasure of meeting him and training with him once.

~Jules

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

You say "George Dillman did knock me out though, with a strike to my triple warmer 17 point.....and yes, most definetely, his method of RyuKyu Kempo works..... "

But not always...

There were several people over the years that he could NOT knock out.

My student could not be.

Grant it, people can get knocked out, but in a fight, a very fast confrontation, whom has the time, or speed to apply such tactics?

Do you see such tactics effective in Extreme or underground Shoot fighting?

How about in Bar rooom or street fights?

Lastly, some people have a different threshold of pain and pressure in certain areas than other people.

Sorry, Bassai is related to tiger kung fu.

Hangetsu = Seisan. Hangetsu is often considered older then seisan, shotokan karateka didn't like it (thank God!) and so it was left un altered where many forms of seisan exist, only one hangetsu. Both are based on blocking 'gates' taken from kung fu.

Sorry about that.

You are correct....some people can remain uneffected by these strikes.....I will not dispute that, and neither will Dillman.....Ive heard him publicly announce that he felt that there were certain people that were "wired" (Im quoting him) differently, and many of these strikes wouldnt work on them.....

As far as my knockout....In was moving quickly in an attempt to punch him in the head when he hit me, and it really was only a tap, but he did (LOL) knock me out....

I am by no means a Kyusho master, but in the 20 years that Ive worked as a bouncer, I can tell you that in many of my fights which resulted in groundgrappling, my use of pressure points has been very effective many times......the defense against this that Goju teaches is the muscle locking technique of Sanchin.

You are also right, again as my years as a bouncer have shown me in terms of "reality fighting" that people have different pain threshold levels, whether they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs or not. I had to literally break someones ankle whom I had in a leg lock to get him to stop fighting long enough for the other two bouncers and a cop to handcuff him. This guy was only about 5'7'...maybe 175....the two guys struggling to hold him down weighed 305 and 285 respectively....and one of them was a world champion super heavy weight arm wrestler whos strength is insane......but.....this guy was on angel dust (PCP) at the time.....the sick part is......we all knew without a doubt that I broke his ankle.....and after we got him cuffed and stood him up.....he WALKED to the police car....granted....his foot was sort of dangling....but he still walked on it......so yeah......there most definetely are differing pain threshold levels from person to person.

~Master Jules

47MM......CQB Tactics stands for "close quarter battle".....I am also a hand to hand tactics instructor for a lot of law enforcement guys in my area. I used to own a dojo, but lost it in a nasty divorce about 5 years ago......I still teach privately nowadays.

~Jules