• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

as for the original topic, a fight club is a waste of time. you risk friendships, injury, etc. if you wanna fight, step into a ring. there are always competitions somewhere, and it's much safer.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

join a local muay tai gym. if you want less rules go to a place that does nhb. alot of muay tai guys cross train in nhb type stuff so they can put you in the right direction.

advantage to ring fights

1. good quality of fighters

2. you are not legally responsible

3. on site doctors (or al least access to medical attention)

all though it may sound thrilling at first (the fight club) you may find that ou really dont want to fight week.

i dont really feal right for about a week or more after a fight. (unless its a quick win)

join a local muay tai gym.

Ditto this. If you're wearing headgear, fists, and kicks anyway then find an MT/kickboxing school. Depending on your level, you can range from light/point contact to a full contract bludgeoning.

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein

really if you are intent on doing this then no one can stop you, but take alot of time to consider the affect this could have on you and others around you, both now and in the future. all that could be said has already been said in the topic.

think!

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour

• 6 months later...

I really don't think it would be a good Idea, Fighting is Serious. Having a Knowledge of the Martial Arts kind of gives you a responsibility above those who don't. You know how to seriously injure and probably even kill people. This is something you have to Control, and some people just can't do it though they posses the knowledge. It's Not a good Idea.

I have unwittingly changed my way of life, for I can never be the same person again.

I'm not sure that it's a very good idea, for soo many reasons many of which have already been mentioned. If you and your friends want to compete with each other, that's one thing. When I was in high school, me and a few friends would go to my house on lunch and box...but we were also usually drunk too, and there was gloves involved and no money.... money makes things a little different. Heck, when we got drunk, we would hockey fight each other full force just for the thrill of it, and if one guy got the upper hand, someone would yell, "toe to toe" and we would just start slugging at each other again. But I had * for friends, we all knew that if we got hurt, it was our problem, and we actually liked bashing each other, and then hugging after a really great fight. When we boxed, whoever wasn't fighting would be the judges, and since we were all friends, what the judges decided was never questions, and there were no sore losers. But I wouldn't wish that on anyone....too many times one of us would have to explain how we left school one way, and came back from lunch with a black eye, lol...... Alot of questions that you won't want to answer. If you like the competition of it, get a few friends, and join a boxing club..... I look at it like street racing.... do it at the track, it is much more gratifying. And though I think you could get some friends together and do something like this without anything happening... it only takes one bad thing to happen to change things, and a guy who you thought knew what he was getting into and took responsibility for himself, might change very quickly once his arm was broken, or his pretty-boy face was scarred badly..... Too many things can go horribly horribly wrong..... It's definitely not worth it...... I was lucky enough to escape my Viking days.... It was all luck, I wouldn't lie and tell you anything different about how we carried ourselves back then. Or simply roll with each other.... no strikes, just positional wrestling and submissions.... but submissions can be very tricky and dangerous as well, especially when being used by an inexperienced person with little conrtol....when your putting a submission on a friend, there is a fine line between the amount of power needed to cause a little bit of pain and letting him know that he would be beat, and slapping on the technique full force and breaking something.... If you ask anyone in BJJ, I'm sure most will have stories about the student that had no control or little regard for their training partners, and ended up hurting people.....

It's a very dangerous thing you're planning, either way. Be careful and stay safe.

If you're reaching for the stars, don't be satisfied with touching the ceiling.

Guys, he hasn't posted in this topic for over a year now. It's dead.

My Nidan Grading! Check it Out: http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=27140

OSU!

"Behind each triumph are new peaks to be conquered." - Mas Oyama

Dojo Kun:http://www.diegobeltran.com/htms/dojo/dojokun.htm

https://www.kyokushinkarate.cjb.net