• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I will be restarting martial arts soon and here is a list of what seems good so far:

Krav Maga

Shito-ryu Karate (any good? It is the only karate school nearby)

Straight Blast gym BJJ and JKD

WC kung fu

If you have had any experience with these arts please let me know if you would recommend them. Thanx!

1-up!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on what you are interested in and what you are trying to achieve by taking MA.

I suggest, as will most here, that you attend an introductory class or 2 at each of these schools and see what suits you best. See what instructors you really like.

Hope that helps.

i'll definately try out they karate place, the guy there said he would give me a month free to see if i like it. I don't know if i care to much for the emphasis on karate weapons work, but I shall see.

1-up!

I think the plan of taking a few classes at each school would be the best thng to do.

Also, remember that it isn't so much they style but the instructor... try and get a good instructor, whichever style you choose.

Once you've tried out a few classes at each, if you still can't decide then make a list of the pro's and con's of each school (including things like, location, training costs, amout of training sessions allowed per week, etc etc.)

Good luck with your search for a new MA! I hope you find one that you love. :karate:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I think the plan of taking a few classes at each school would be the best thng to do.

Also, remember that it isn't so much they style but the instructor... try and get a good instructor, whichever style you choose.

Once you've tried out a few classes at each, if you still can't decide then make a list of the pro's and con's of each school (including things like, location, training costs, amout of training sessions allowed per week, etc etc.)

Good luck with your search for a new MA! I hope you find one that you love. :karate:

Good point