• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Spirit of the Weapon

SaiFightsMS

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, as an athiest, I find it very hard to believe that weapons can have spirits. I personally like some spirits before dinner though, usually a Martini.

:dead:

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

In indonesia there is a belief by Muslims that certain swords are cursed. The Kriss is the sword that many Silat masters claim that they need to examine to ensure that it's not cursed. It's interesting fiction.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

There are interesting stories about kriss knifes. And for a bit of trivia they always have an odd number of curves in them.

Now you all can think I am odd if you want. I have a bo I found in a bin of hiking staffs at a local out doors store. It functions perfectly as a bo. It is a 5 1/2 foot octagonal hickory staff with a diamater that fits my hands perfectly.

When I practice and use good technique and good snap there is a discernible vibration in the bo. It feels alive in my hands. As part of the natural grain in the wood is a spot that looks like a long narrow dragons eye. I call it my dragon staff.

And when I use it sometimes I do think it is developing a spirit inside it.

• 2 weeks later...

I myself do not believe that an object without life can sustain its own energy force. I do however believe that one may be able to transfer their energy through the weapon that they are using and enable to deal strikes much more effectively. :karate:

Boards don't hit back.

-Bruce Lee

Maybe I am too much of a traditionalist or have to much time to think. I also kind of think my sai are developing a bit of a spirit.

When I first learned to use the bo at a seminar I was using a borrowed bo from one of the black belts. He said it was his "spirit bo" and showed me a spot in the wood with and odd color and shape in it he said that was where its spirit lived. Or something like that.

I thought at the time he was a little nutty. But years down the road I feel differently.

Come on now haven't you ever met any guys who had strong bonds with their car or motorcyle to the point they named it and treated it as though it had a spirit of its own?