• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Athens Olympics: Tae Kwon Do

NBCOlympics.com has TV listing for the Olympics. It's listing for Thursday Aug 26 at 5:00 ET is:

Women's Volleyball - Semifinal: Brazil vs. Russia

Taekwondo - Gold Medal Finals

Men's Basketball - Quarterfinal: Greece vs. Argentina

I never saw a listing for any of the elimination rounds. USA has 2 competitors; Nia Abdallah (featherweight) and Steven Lopez (Welterweight).

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was TKD on MSNBC last night between 11pm and 5am this morning. I set up a tape but haven't watched it yet so not sure what rounds it covered.

Res firma, mitescere nescit

I would love to watch/compete in that

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

Tape teh TKD (ladies) Olympic fights and watch them at 2X speed. It's hilarious....several minutes of hopping and bouncing...bout 15 seconds of actual contact. They look like little bunny rabbits.

Thanks for the heads-up Kicks, my cable company is a mess.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

I watched the one at 6am here while I was getting ready for work. Trock is right. It was kinda disappointing. But the second match was fairly good. I had to tape the one later in the day, cause I had to work. I'm about to watch it, though.

Laurie F

I watched those TWO matches today. At first I was like "holy cow this is all they're showing? Geez", but then I realized why they don't show that many TKD fights. Personally, I think it's a difficult sport for non-martial artists to watch because of the nature of the matches...even I was getting bored with the first match. The two fighters were just standing there for a good minute or two, psyching each other out and trying to get the other one to act first, both probably being reactionary fighters. Plus, that Brasilian chick's screaming kind of got on my nerves :lol: Not to downplay what they do: they're both excellent fighters and I'm sure they would destroy me. Just a little difficult to watch. The second match with the guys proved more entertaining and pretty exciting, though.

Oh and by the way, I'm moving this to the Korean Martial Arts forum :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

From the NBCOlympics.com website:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/2004/0826/5053097.jpg

Chu Mu Yen (red) of Chinese Taipei wins gold in the flyweight division.

Nia Abdallah of the USA competes in the Women’s Olympic Featherweight division today (Friday, Aug 27).

ADDED: I just saw that Nia will be in the Gold Medal match!

Edited by Kicks

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Nia Abdallah of the USA has made it to the gold medal round!

Added: Nia won silver, losing to Ji Won Jang of Korea