• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yoshukai

Benjamin1981

I am currently considering joining a Yoshukai dojo in the suburbs of the surrounding area of atlanta. Its called Reneau's Yoshukai which is Yoshukai Karate mixed in with a little aikido and judo. I would like to know what anyone has to say about this in regards to my desires to learn a good hard system of fighting. I do iron fist training at home with a steel box a la Grandmaster Pan style, and I have a large desire to be fully conditioned and to know a practical fighting art.

Please comment,

Thanks.

-Benjamin

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

.....do you have ANY previous training?

and who has been supervising your iron fist 'training'?

or are you just smacking a steel box around and calling it training?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

The only training I have is Marine Corps martial arts which is derivitive of a number of styles. No, I pretty much just hit a block of steel at home. Its not "training" per se, but I have notice a HUGE difference in ability to hit hard surfaces.

https://www.yoshukai.net

BTW tonight I went to Francis Fong and watched his advanced wing chun class and I am rethinking the whole karate thing. It is a difficult choice to make...

-Benjamin

• 9 months later...

I'm a little late for this topic, but I thought that I would post in case anyone finds this thread via a search engine.

Reneau's Yoshukai is not recognized by Yoshukai Karate. I don't know if this means anything to you, but I thought that I would let you know.

I also agree with your view of Francis Fong's school. If you live in Gwinnett County -- it's an excellent choice. There is a recognized (WYKKO) Yoshukai School in Roswell, GA if you are still interested.

World Yoshukai Karate:

http://www.wykko.com

U.S. Yoshukai Karate:

http://www.yoshukai.com/

• 7 months later...
I am currently considering joining a Yoshukai dojo in the suburbs of the surrounding area of atlanta. Its called Reneau's Yoshukai which is Yoshukai Karate mixed in with a little aikido and judo. I would like to know what anyone has to say about this in regards to my desires to learn a good hard system of fighting. I do iron fist training at home with a steel box a la Grandmaster Pan style, and I have a large desire to be fully conditioned and to know a practical fighting art.

Please comment,

Thanks.

Hi, I know this is really late, and you may have already found the information, but I took Yoshukai karate for two years, and only quit because our school closed down due to lack of students. I had received a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do before joining this school, and my instructor would always call TKD fluff. Of course this insulted me, but now I see he was right. TKD is mainly showy, atleast until you get high up and have practiced the moves for many years and can get power behind it, but Yoshukai karate is a solid, practical style. All the techniques are maximum impact, minimal effort. Just watching it you will see the power and energy in it, as compared to the spinning, fancy stuff of TKD (not that that is bad, just unpractical). Yoshukai is not ostentatious, and they taught how to incorporate the elements of karate in bar and street fighting because they realize that that is where you are most likely to fight. I highly recommend this style, and I am searching for a place to continue my training when I go to college in ATL.

Benjamin please contact me via PM. I've lived in the area for 25 years and I know the Atlanta martial arts landscape very well.