• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which art next and can someone explain 'Chi' ?

i remember reading a book called "angry white pajamas". i don't remember if i liked it or not, or much of what happens, but i do remember that it deals with aikido, and the training the guy went through to get bottom level competency was pretty hard core. just a point.

Angry White Pyjamas is an excellent book and one that I'd recommend to all Martial Artists, not just those interested in Aikido.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people, esp those fond of JJ, claim that most fights end up on the ground?

Because the Gracies cited a California police department that pofferd that statistic for the altercatoins involving offices (who, coincidentally, are trained specifically to take a suspect to the ground). The reson the Gracies found this useful for marketing is because they have a primarily ground art.

Why do people, esp those fond of JJ, claim that most fights end up on the ground?

Because the Gracies cited a California police department that pofferd that statistic for the altercatoins involving offices (who, coincidentally, are trained specifically to take a suspect to the ground). The reson the Gracies found this useful for marketing is because they have a primarily ground art.

Thanks JL...I thought it also had to do with that UFC....

Back to the post.....

Aikido come to mind at first......

Not as first (place).....just what poped in....

Thanks JL...I thought it also had to do with that UFC....

A competition originally propsed and pushed by the Gracies. Also, one heavily dominated by good ground grapplers... if you look at the early UFCs, most fights in it did go to the ground.

Yeah, but happen to later bouts?

MM......everyone is entitled to an opinion.....and I respect yours as well.....but I can tell you that I have seen these demonstrations first hand......would you entertain the possibility that the "master" that you worked with may have been somewhat fraudulent in his claims ?

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

MM......everyone is entitled to an opinion.....and I respect yours as well.....but I can tell you that I have seen these demonstrations first hand......would you entertain the possibility that the "master" that you worked with may have been somewhat fraudulent in his claims ?

What do you mean?

nothing negative towards you in any way......Im sure after all the years of training you have under your belt (pardon the pun) your technique is really good...IE...your punch is probably pretty hard......I have seen people that have claimed to be "Chi masters", and I too have dropped them with solar plexsus shots, and shots to the throat......I then highly doubted their abilities as well as you have through your experiences.....but I have also worked with legitimate masters who I simply didnt affect in any way at all........I was just tossing out the possibility that maybe the "master" with whom you had your experience was not quite legitimate in his abilities, as some that I have seen as well......we both know through many years on and off the mat that not everyone is what they claim to be.......Im pretty sure you would agree.....no ?

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

I am not refering to my teaching masters.

So far, I haven't found a Chi master that I can disprove them to have physical and mental conditioning. Not to mention the props (materials0 that they use. But, I am still searching.

Your "testing" seemed to be hard like mine were. I can go on many training and testing procedures that will make a McDojo seem like a pen of plastic balls with pieces of stale french fries.