• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The best streetfight

1.) A friend was angery over a basketball game, he ran at me and I stepped to the side but tripped him. Then he kept punching at me and kicking at me but could not hit me. Then he managed to close in and I broke the hold and put distance between us, and he could not harm me. Then some how I tripped on a rock or something, but landed on my back and kept sliding backward and using my feet to keep him away (knowing if I went to get up he would have made it inside and I would of had to break fingers when he grabbed me or do worse). People ran over and grabbed him and I got up, and was thankful I did not have to hurt my bull-headed friend "Ogre."

2.) A guy kept nudging me with his foot (I was asleep) and laughing about it. I heard my friend say, "He has not slept all night, I would leave him alone." I jumped up, shoved over that guy (6 foot 6 inch guy) and knocked him off balance onto the couch, then standing to his right, I put his right arm across his chest and left arm, my knee into his hip, he could not kick or bite or anything, then I brought back my right fist, saw his temple, and he started to cry like a baby and I let him go and told him to not act stupid again. It happened in like 3 seconds. I was going to go vertical punch to his temple in that moment.

3.) A guy leaned over the bus seat in middle school and thought it protected his body or something (odd guy). He was in the seat behind me. I moved close, grabbed his arms and put my arms around them, then put my head into his head so he could not punch, or move, and nobody was hurt. The bus driver grabbed him, moved him, and he was kicked out of school and I was not even in any trouble!!

4.) This 6 feet 2 inch tall, 200 something pound body builder guy called me a B$tch and ran at me at a basketball court, he left his arms open, then I just landed my elbow and forearm to the side of his head (point of the elbow at his mouth, forearm up higher toward the temple). He went out like a light. 5 minutes later security at the rec center (University of Arizona) went in to see what happened and it looked like an "accident" and security had to wake him up and carry him off the court (one person under each arm) and the guy would not even look at me!!

5.) Another guy, larger body-builder, had a basketball and was throwing his elbows around, so I made it look like I was going for the basketball but I poked his eye (one finger to one eye) and he hit the ground and stayed there for a few minutes moaning in pain. Then he got up and he apologized to me for the elbows (huge elbows, trying to keep me from stealing the ball) and we shook hands and became friends later on (he never acted like a jerk again after that when I was around).

6.) I was not seriously hurt (or hurt at all for that matter), no hard feelings, minimal force used, and I think the fights or situations above went well for me. A funny story was the same friend who tried to fight me at the basketball courts ("Ogre"). He kept acting silly, and like a jerk, and he is a huge, strong guy. He can bench almost 300 pounds!!! Then he wrestled in high school, and other than to me he has never lost a fight (he sometimes chokes people until they pass out). So, I hit him in the head with this dictionary/reference book that was like 600 pages thick--knocked him out cold.

How are these for fights?

Ray Lewis

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, i have to say AdmiralX, you seem to be a magnet for people who want to fight. Are you sure you didnt start any of these fights? Thats an awfull lot of fights to not have instagated anything. Maybe its just the testastorone filled players on the B-Ball court :roll: .

I got attacked by a gang of about 8 or so people....nocked to the ground and kicked for a while. I never even had a chance to throw a punch. Does that count for a fight? :P

Only fight ive ever been in...but its what caused me to take up Kung Fu, so its all good :D

Hand to hand, heart to heart

If you don't come, i will not start

But if you start, i will arive first

And hit you continuiously untill i see red.

I got attacked by a gang of about 8 or so people....nocked to the ground and kicked for a while. I never even had a chance to throw a punch. Does that count for a fight? :P

Only fight ive ever been in...but its what caused me to take up Kung Fu, so its all good :D

Sounds like you need more then Kung Fu. That's not going to help you if your on the ground getting kicked. But BJJ/Muay Thai might be able to help you there. Kung Fu isn't as realistic in it's approach to self-defense. It is much more of a traditional Chinese art form(like dance) then fighting. Bring on the flames if you must but this sounds serious(getting beat up by multiple attackers) and this guy should know the truth.

Peace and may God be with you...

Deus Ex Remake

Sounds like you need more then Kung Fu. That's not going to help you if your on the ground getting kicked. But BJJ/Muay Thai might be able to help you there. Kung Fu isn't as realistic in it's approach to self-defense. It is much more of a traditional Chinese art form(like dance) then fighting. Bring on the flames if you must but this sounds serious(getting beat up by multiple attackers) and this guy should know the truth.

Agreed .. just one point you missed there , Muay tai is most effective while standing , but i don't think it include any ground fighting techniques ....

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Agreed .. just one point you missed there , Muay tai is most effective while standing , but i don't think it include any ground fighting techniques ....

If you would reread my post you would see that I said BJJ/Muay Thai which means a combination of Brazillian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai. Obviously the BJJ would help you get back standing and the Muay Thai would help you escape from that mess.

Peace and may God be with you...

Deus Ex Remake

The kung fu i do is a complete system. We do everything, (ie. sriking, grappeling, ground work, weapons etc..)

And everytime we do a drill, or learn a technique there is a strong emphasis on multiple atacker options and stuff.

No need to do any cross training. :) :karate:

Hand to hand, heart to heart

If you don't come, i will not start

But if you start, i will arive first

And hit you continuiously untill i see red.

...No need to do any cross-training? Dude, that is one of the worst attitudes to have if you want to learn how to defend yourself.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

anyone for brutal honesty here??? no martial art in the worls is going to help you once you hit the ground and are getting waffle-stomped by 8 guys. How are you going to wrap them up with BJJ if 7 others are kicking your butt? Best case scenario there: RUN LIKE THE WIND!

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

anyone for brutal honesty here??? no martial art in the worls is going to help you once you hit the ground and are getting waffle-stomped by 8 guys. How are you going to wrap them up with BJJ if 7 others are kicking your butt? Best case scenario there: RUN LIKE THE WIND!

Ya ... but i prefer to get some beating than to run like the wind , any way , it happned with me once , i was with 2 friends ( one black belt that makes 2 of us , and the other don't do any martial art ) when that drunken gang attacked us in a "hostile street" , they where about 20 , we fought well but at the end of the day i had many wounds in the head , my freind had his eye wounded baddley and the non martial artist fell down and got his b*tt kicked so hard , he suffered an injured rib as far as i remembner ,i think that martial art helped me in that situation , maybee i was just lucky , who knows !!!!!

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike