• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The best streetfight

I can't believe you are able to use the internet with the way you randomly mash the keyboard attempting to type a cognitive sentence.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness."

-The Book of the Void (A Book of Five Rings)

"Men don't start fights, but they do finish them."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you give in everytime someone is assaulting your honor or physical self badly, then you are practicly assaulting yourself. It is always important to protect one self either verbally or phsysicaly. I prefeer the first option.

Of course there are cases where you have to stand over it. Like when some kid insults you or something.

Thats just my opinion though :)

Be everything. Be nothing.

I did'nt get into MA for some life altering philosophy, I can get that at church. I have never studied a traditional art, with a traditional "Mr. Miagai" like sensai who was there to change my outlook on life. I got into my MA's for the combative aspect of it...period. Not everyone who trains is in it for enlightenment, or spirituality, or essence of budo. I have refrained from posting any of my exploits here because I'm not a blowhard, however I am tired of people looking down their nose at an individual because they got into a fight with someone. Life gets ugly sometimes and walking away isn't always the best choice. It's not your place to ridicule someone who made the choice to stand up for one's self. It's a hard choice to make, I've been there. When some a$$ decides that you will be the target of his sadistic games, it takes a lot of fortitude and courage to finally draw the line in the sand and let them know that, that's it.

And as for me giving MA's a bad name...whatever. You don't know me, or anything about how I conduct myself, but I can tell you I promote MA's a lot better than some of these traditional "belt-factories" and their "sensais" I've seen.

If you give in everytime someone is assaulting your honor or physical self badly, then you are practicly assaulting yourself. It is always important to protect one self either verbally or phsysicaly. I prefeer the first option.

Of course there are cases where you have to stand over it. Like when some kid insults you or something.

Thats just my opinion though :)

I'd have to agree with you... Restraint is a beautiful thing if your capable of it... It's saved me alot of headache. Literally in some cases :D

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

Northren Ogre, one final question:

If a kid about the same size as you came up to you and said "your mum" what would you do?

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour

The best street fight I ever had was the one I talked my way out of.

Been there. Done that.

Many times..............

Hey hey. We are getting accouts of all the violence, but what about those of us who have bad people skills!? Could you give us some tips on how to talk your way out of a fight?

When I get nervous, wolves smell sheep's blood. I have very little confidence in my ability to talk my way out of a situation.

what about those of us who have bad people skills!? Could you give us some tips on how to talk your way out of a fight?

If you can't talk your way out of a fight, walk away from a fight....If he follows you and a physical confrontation is inevitable, it's time to do what you have to do.

Train for the ability to fight and the mentality of not getting into fights.

What works works

Well, This was when i've hav'nt done any MA, when I was 14 I moved to a different class in my school, a guy chuck a pen at me to see my reaction, and then he chuck a book, I got up walk to him grab him by the neck raise my fist, (from nowhere a fist fly into my face) Then I realise he had a freind, I staggerd back my nose was bleeding all over my shirt I try to run and grab in but, the whole group try to rush me, then the teacher stop us, I went to the door and wait for the teacher instead the guy thta punch me, walk out so I ran and (push kick him) I havn't done any MA the kick look like a teep,he felt back with shock, in the wall i punches him, stomach, neck, and grab his neck before that, we got spread and he was trying to get me,

There will be a day that you can't cope with your life, I want you to look at the star and remember, I always smile back at you. luV u lots Jen