The best streetfight

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name the best streetfight you've ever been in or seen.

Best?

Any street fight should be a shameful activity for any serious MA student.

There is nothing good or best about a street fight.

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

I've always been able to talk my way out of confrontations, not a bad thing if you ask me, I try to avoid getting blood on my hands...But man, has anyone ever seen two French road bikers get into a fight? lol, thats funnier than a chick fight if you ask me...(no offence to any MA roadbikers out there :wink: )

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

Any street fight should be a shameful activity for any serious MA student

I've been in street fights and I don't feel any shame whatsoever. Does this make me less of a MA? Does this make me any less "serious"? Not everyone takes MA's for some spiritual or phlisophical life altering experience. Some of us take the martial part seriously.

The worst street fight that I witnessed was two neighborhoods fighting each other. There were unconscous people all over the place. One person in particular that I remember was one that was unconcious and the other person continued stomping on his head. He was taken away in an ambulance, still unconscious.

The best street fight that I was in was when a complete stranger who was mad at someone else, pushed me. I hit him one time and he went to sleep.

What works works

Any street fight should be a shameful activity for any serious MA student

I've been in street fights and I don't feel any shame whatsoever. Does this make me less of a MA? Does this make me any less "serious"? Not everyone takes MA's for some spiritual or phlisophical life altering experience. Some of us take the martial part seriously.

Does this make me less of a MA?

Yes it does

Does this make me any less "serious"?

Yes it does

You have missed the essence of Budo.

"To win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the highest skill. To defeat the enemy without fighting is the highest skill" Gichin Funakoshi

Something perhaps youth is yet to understand.

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

I agree fighting is completely stupid, mainly because people like to drag it on or just plain out hurt people, what's the use? It doesn't solve anything, and when you're older you will just look back on it and think of how stupid it was that you were fighting over a girl or something. But if it is for self-defense, then show no mercy and feel no sympathy.