• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Moves and Blocks

I have a few tricks that I use and they work 90% of the time...

Attacking:

I use a Onetsu (pronounciation:uantsu) technique. Works very well. For some of you that don't learn karate in japanese this attack is a jab to the face and then outstretch your front leg forward and do a reverse.

I also use a combination: Jab, reverse, trip and then roundhouse with the same leg. Usually its like jab with left, reverse with right, trip with right and roundhouse with right.

Blocking:

Sometimes I move to the side. If i move to the right i have my right hand a bit higher than usual so it is blocking my upper body and face and have my left hand at the side so its is blocking my lower body against front kick and my side against a roundhouse.Very useful. But once at class and kept on doing that against my opponent and he did a back fist from the side and I was moving that way so I got hit hard and had blood so do NOT overdo this technique.

Learn with your heart...

Speak with knowledge...

Fight like a sword...

Convince with words...

And uuuh just a suggestion

Drink like a MAN!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm seeing a definite pattern developing in the two different posts of yours I've seen tonight.

This forum is for martial artists (and non-MA's) to DISCUSS and ASK QUESTIONS to the world at large. You are not doing that. Rather, in this post, and the other I saw this evening, all you are doing is pounding your chest and telling everybody how good you are. This is NOT a good attitude for a martial artist IMHO.

Have you ever heard of the saying..."Walk softly and carry a big stick."? Simple words with very deep meaining behind them.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

ok omg i am here to learn and share. I want to learn new things but also i want to offer what i know to others.

Learn with your heart...

Speak with knowledge...

Fight like a sword...

Convince with words...

And uuuh just a suggestion

Drink like a MAN!!!

I don't think he's bragging. His tips seem useful.

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...

they work maybe 90% of the time for you in your class, in your given style. They won't have the same results for everyone. In your first combination, when that outstretch4ed leg hits the floor, I would use what I do best - leg kicks. My guess is that my leg kick slams into your leg before your reverse touches me...

they work maybe 90% of the time for you in your class, in your given style. They won't have the same results for everyone. In your first combination, when that outstretch4ed leg hits the floor, I would use what I do best - leg kicks. My guess is that my leg kick slams into your leg before your reverse touches me...

Some style's fake kicks often double as a shin-block or a kick jam. This depends on the philosophy of "commitment" with various kicks. Some JKD schools use fake kicks like that create openings. Arguments can go both ways, so I guess we'll never really see until people start duking it out

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Wouldn't matter - my kick doesn't come until his leg touches the ground, either on it's own or from me pushing it there. A leg kick is no good if he has no weight on the foot. Consequently, A shinblock or kick jam (seapu, as we referred to it when I did jkd/jun fan) wouldn't block anything, as my kick would not have been launched yet.

I'm not going to point out the flaws that would keep me from using those techniques Kumite, but I will say one thing, a bit of humble advice. If you choose to use styles, that is your decision...at times it may even help. However, when you attempt to use the same technique in every situation, both you and your opponent will find your skills lacking.

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.