• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

McDojos.

Coco

Coco, if a friend of yours were to start thinking about taking martial arts and they read all about McDojos on internet forums, and then he came to you and said "Is your dojo a McDojo?", what would you say?

If you say no, then you are duping your friend. You would have to qualify that "no" by explaining that while your dojo may LOOK like a McDojo, and the teacher may charges fees like a McDojo, etc, etc, it isn't a McDojo.

You would have to brainwash your friend the same way your instructor brainwashed you.

Dojos that are NOT McDojos don't have to defend themselves.

Only a real McDojo would need to have it's students proclaim that it is not.

You are in a McDojo.

Wap

"Fighting fighting. Same Same"

"But you know karate!"

"Someone always know more..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My teacher is from venezuela, and he said he trained HARD when he was over there. He said he ran 45 minutes a day, and then he remembered something. He got out a very old box he had in a corner, and got out a small booklet.It had all the test requirements for venezuela's tests on shito ryu, the same tests my sensei had taken. From white to yellow - there were SO many things, I bet it wouldve taken 3 hours to test.

So then, my sensai explained what I always had been wondering. Why is this dojo, a McDojo? -

He said american people are lazy(no offence), and if he were as tough as he should be, he would have no students AT ALL! He said americans want to do self defence and stuff, but dont wanna practice everyday, and some people dont like repetitions. Then, I told him I am willing to really work

Note - The things that have been said may not apply everyone, and arent meant to be offensive to anyone, in any ways.

dude 3 hours to test?

My black belt grading took me 5 hours each friday for 5 weeks...

now THAT was long......

Im not going to be checking up on this post anymore, none of you seem to get it through your head that this post was pure opinion.

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

hey, don't forget that his opinion is WRONG.....

:brow:

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."