• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

McDojos.

Coco

......so really, what was the point of this thread?

that among your class of kids, you are the best?

cos that's all i'm getting from what you've typed here.

you say you get prefered treatment after you copied stuff from the net.

you say you could teach the green belt stuff you learnt from the net.

you say that everyone else is lazy.

all points a bit of ego problem (in my opinion).

:roll:

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn i guess i have to spell this out really well, sicne you cant seem to get the idea...

no if your foot is .2 degrees off you dont get failed automatically, but there is a standard that you cant go below, your post made it sound like your instructor allows people to pass that probably shouldnt and bases that on them being lazy in his opinion.

sure .2 degrees wont get you failed.... but what about 50 degrees?

If your instructor is passing people who suck, then he is only making money he isnt adding anything to the world that is of any substance

damn i guess i have to spell this out really well, sicne you cant seem to get the idea...

no if your foot is .2 degrees off you dont get failed automatically, but there is a standard that you cant go below, your post made it sound like your instructor allows people to pass that probably shouldnt and bases that on them being lazy in his opinion.

sure .2 degrees wont get you failed.... but what about 50 degrees?

If your instructor is passing people who suck, then he is only making money he isnt adding anything to the world that is of any substance

Sorry, dont get mad! XD. He is not passing people who suck, and I think you brake your leg or something if u go 50 degrees extra lol

Drunken - This post was meant to express an opinion on a popular topic... Are you really drunken? Sometimes what you say dosnt make sense, maybe its just me.

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

There are plenty of GOOD schools in miami, I'm sure - not just McSchools such as yours and others you describe...

Lol! We are one of 2 schools in the whole miami area... Id apreciate it if you stopped insulting my school and started thinking about more mature replys you can make.

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

There are only two schools in all of Miami? I have a hard time believing that. A real hard time. I bet I could pull up at least 10 schools in the Miami area.

But that's neither here nor there, Coco. You clearly don't want to deal with the truth here.

There are plenty of GOOD schools in miami, I'm sure - not just McSchools such as yours and others you describe...

Lol! We are one of 2 schools in the whole miami area... Id apreciate it if you stopped insulting my school and started thinking about more mature replys you can make.

two schools or two shito schools? And I'm not insulting them... you said yourself that by all standards, your school is a McDojo, except that your instructor is training you hard since you asked him.

And actually, all of my replies have been quite "mature" - I even went so far as to ask you how you broke your finger. You just dance around everything other than the fact that you don't thnk you're in a McSchool...

This post was meant to express an opinion on a popular topic

yes, and as everyone seems to be telling you

but you seem unable to understand.

you are wrong.

i think it's time for an analogy.

let's say you have a wolf.

the wolf is hungry and wants to eat.

you ask the wolf nicely to not eat you.

the wolf, seeing you are a nice chap decides not to eat you.

doesn't change the fact that he is a wolf.

now exchange

wolf for mcdojo

hungry for greedy

eat for take money (from)

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

This post was meant to express an opinion on a popular topic

yes, and as everyone seems to be telling you

but you seem unable to understand.

you are wrong.

i think it's time for an analogy.

let's say you have a wolf.

the wolf is hungry and wants to eat.

you ask the wolf nicely to not eat you.

the wolf, seeing you are a nice chap decides not to eat you.

doesn't change the fact that he is a wolf.

now exchange

wolf for mcdojo

hungry for greedy

eat for take money (from)

:spitlaugh: :lol:

DM, that is an excellent analogy.

Coco, I don't want to argue with you, but it seems like everyone is trying to tell you something. I'm the last person that needs to give advice on this board, but think about it. Are you right and everyone else wrong? Or is it the other way around?

There seems to be a serious case of denial here as well as justification for it.

Bad students do not make a McDojo,

Bad teachers do.

I was terrible when I started. Overweight, out of shape, inflexible and uncoordinated. If good instruction can help a fixer upper like me, the only bad student analogy does not hold water. Of course effort plays a big part in all this. When you earn a rank, believe me you EARN it. There are no easy gradings or classes, as you improve they just keep raising the bar. My instructors are very demanding and quite the motivational force. If they weren't I would be treading down a different path today.

And Yes I do have a life, I have a wife kids, a full-time job and many obligations. I find time to do what I enjoy. The LAZY American anaolgy is also incorrect.

If you enjoy where you are, good for you we all have our own personal standards. Mine are quite high.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.