• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how to become a good martial arts choreographer for movies?

hey guys/galz. does anyone have a clue on how to become a good martial arts choreographer for making movies. any sites,books,info i can find. jus to let you know cause i am intrested in study how to become a good martial arts choreographer.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There's a lot of stuff to learn.

You have to study filmmaking 101. Learn about camara angles, editing, shooting, etc...

You also need to see a TON of martial arts movies from everywhere ,hong kong, japan, korean, thai, american it doesnt matter, just watch it. You get a lot of ideas and also you'll learn what NOT to do from other people's mistakes.

Which Martial Arts? well, actually you can use everything. Almost none use a single style for film fighting. Its a Mix of everything from Boxing, kickboxing, taekwondo, wushu, karate, wrestling, streetfighting, whatever that looks good on camara, USE IT.

Learn from the greats. Look for articles of people like Yuen woo Ping, Sammo Hung, Jackie Chan, Corey Yuen Kwai, Lau Kar Leung (Liu Chia Liang). See there films, study them, see the diferences between them.

Now, some links:

http://www.neo-modus.com/stuntpeople (it have, short-movies, reviews, forums, etc..you can also get in touch with other people who are already doing interesting stuff)

http://www.kungfucinema.com (THE place to be for kung fu movies lovers)

well, if i can find something else, i'll let you know.

bye.

And if you haven't made up your own kata yet, do it...

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."