• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where is your MA school?

Where is your MA school located?

By that I mean, is it in a shopping mall or in someone's garage/house or a rented hall (such as a church hall) or is it in a purpose-built place? Or somewhere else?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours is in a strip-mall next to a grocery store and a couple restaurants. At least we can get dinner in between classes :)

Res firma, mitescere nescit

the local church hall.

it's kinda odd cos there's little kiddies pics all over the wall...

the local cub scouts use the hall as well....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

The first school I was apart of was an old Elk's Lodge that had been abandon by the Elk's members, weather the city took ownership I do not know. My second school from what I've seen looks to be part of a strip mall.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

My dojo is in a converted garage attached to the back of my house.

To give you some idea of where else I've taught classes:

High school gyms/stages

Telephone building meeting room

Grocery store basement.

Commercial store (my own business)

City Parks

Church recreation room

High school/college classroom

My living room

Garage

Gymnastics school on tumbling floor.

Types of floors I've taught on:

Hardwood

Cement

Carpet

Carpet over plywood over coil springs (gymnastics floot)

Grass

Dirt

Tile

Variety is the spice of life ya know! :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

^wow...grocery store basement??

Yeah, it was a small neighborhood grocery with a cement floor and walls in the basement. Not so good for breakfall and takedown practice. :roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Private tuition mainly in my sifus apartment which is well equipped for Wing Chun practice. Also in a sports academy where my sifu holds his regular classes.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

Yeah, it was a small neighborhood grocery with a cement floor and walls in the basement. Not so good for breakfall and takedown practice. :roll:

Or else...perfect for breakfall and takedown practice! I mean hey, if you can take a fall on cement and not get injured, you can fall anywhere! :wink:

My school rents space in a building which also contains one or two other offices/stores (I wouldn't call it a strip mall, since there's really only 3 businesses...) There are also apartments directly above the dojo. (It's in an older "downtown" area.) Looks a little run-down from the outside, but it's quite nice inside. :D

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt