• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts in the Family.

Hello everyone. i am not sure if this has been asked before but i was wondering, how many people are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and soforth generation martial artists?

i myself am 3rd generation.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Generation here. My two sons have both come and gone, and come back again several times into my classes, but don't have the desire or time to make a life long commitment to it. Maybe later they will...hopefully.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

no idea....

my grand dad was a bit of a bad kid in his days along with his brothers...

but i never learnt a single thing from him cos he was in hk and i was in uk.

my cousins grand-dad was also a bit of a bad boy back in the day.

he's the one who taught me my five animals although this was after i started my wing chun here in uk.

so family wise, there is a bit of history but i'm not exactly following in their steps.

i.e i'm not really learning from them in the 'family' fashion.

so i am the first....... kinda.....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

i'm the first. in fact, my parents were pretty against it in the beginning, my father having this "there's nothing they'll teach you that a couple of days in the school yard can't" attitude. i had to get a few beatings from the 5th grade girls before he'd let me go. i've had a few cousins do some casual mcdojo training, but they drifted out around green-ish belt.

i have a second cousin who's a yellow belt in tae kwon do, but he broke his arm and dosen't know if he wants to jump back in it. he's kind of scared he'll brake his arm again.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I'm technically the 2nd generation, as my father trained to blackbelt level in Judo. My older brother also trained in Judo.

However, I was never alowed to take martial arts when I was living with my parents, which was a very hypocritical attitiude, as my sibling was allowed to train. I was never shown any MA techniques by my father and my bro just used to use his Judo knowledge to try and beat me up and get me into trouble (as older brothers often do with their younger sisters :roll:).

So... I'm sort of 1st and 2nd generation.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!