opinions.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a saying in our womens SD class that is G.E.T.

Groin Eyes Throat then get out of there.

I myself like striking the knee but unless you can bring some power your prob. wasting your time.

Edited by G95champ

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I completely Disagree.

If you get into a fight on the street and automatically go for the groin and knees.... you are definitely 100% going to end up in a lawsuit someday.

Not every situation requires drastic force.

Every situation is different.

For example.

I was jumped one day near a blockbuster video store, I had my car window open and three guys walking buy decided they wanted my car, so as i was reaching down to grab the videos to return from my passenger seat I felt a wizz of air past my face as i half dodged and he half missed.

I got out of the car and proceeded to meet my attackers with the force i felt was fine to deal with it... I think the worst damage any of them suffered was perhaps a broken nose tops, and a fwe bruises, and a hurt ego.

the funny thing was I was on my way to my karate class and i had my karate GI pants and a karate shirt on, and i had my black belt draped over my shoulders....

I live only a few miles from my school, when i leave the house i have my gi pants, my Karate shirt that says karate on it, and i toss my gi top in the back seat and i have my belt around my neck.... just a habit i got into as an easy way to go from point A to point B and carry all my stuff.

The look on these three guys faces was pretty classic when i stepped up from my car....

yes i have a honda accord and sit my seat way back and low so i look deceptively small in my car... yet i guess they figured they had commited and I also am pretty sure they were either drunk or high on something... they were all smaller then me.

I could have easily started drop kicking nuts and snapping kneecaps, but I am almost positive if i had there would have been long term consequences from it.

Point is?

the point is that every situation is different.. if you are in a life or death situation, then a kneecap or groin may not be enough... you may have to go for a life ending technique(hopefully not) and on the other hand, if you are in a situation that can be resolved with less force, then you better use it or you will eventually face the consequences, you are training so that you can defend yourself and regulate your power and skills to handle any situation with appropriate force....

which means you mentally and emotionally ahve to mature and be able to make snap judgements that effect the lives of not just yoruself or your attacker, but all the people associated with them.

The best place to hit someone is in the dojang. Heck, some of the things I do to my 16 year old son could land me in jail outside the dojang. :karate:

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

The best place to hit someone is in the dojang. Heck, some of the things I do to my 16 year old son could land me in jail outside the dojang. :karate:

*new headlines*

Parents find new ways to beat children, where you say? Their nearest martial arts school.

just kidding, thats pretty comical..

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

well apparently, LUCKYBOXER i do agree with what your saying for

diffrent situations but unfortunatly in my opinion if i were to get into a

street fight with some one with him starting the situation and me not

starting anythin i would apparently have to go all the way with drastic

force such as i would make sure he wouldn't be able to walk again or he

end up in the hospital with permanent damages because why would you

even give a person a chance who tries to attack you. ok say you did beat

them but with less force. but what would happen if he came back again

next day with a weapon or a gun then what??? And about that law suit, id

rather be in jail then be in hospital meaning that anyone who starts

attacking me id give them no chance at all and id go straight to breaking

their knees or getting them K.O by hitting their groin instead of hitting the

face or the body where he wouldn't be knockdown right away and i dont

want to end up to the point were i start taking punches in face. Why even

risks getting hurt a bit.

and yes i am doing martial arts but i aint doing in a gym or dojo.i have an instructor whos a family friend who trained muay thai at thailand and phillipines that told me all bout this. I keep my profile secret. I dont want anyone to know that i am taking martial arts. itz better to keep your profile secret cause den people that usually see u, wont expect what's coming to dem just incase if dey start anythin, cuz den if they new u took martial arts, ofcourse they wouldn't probably wanna fight you unless they have a weapon or maybe if 4 guys are with him.

Well I know there are laws of excessive force. Something along the lines of, if someone pushes you, you in return cannot break there neck, or knee or anything. You can only apply the pressure they have applied to you.

For instance you come up to me and push me and I say hey man, no problems I dont want to fight. So you swing at me. I can hit you back, and go on to put you in a armbar ready to break the arm, but I cannot break the arm because you still have the chance to give up and walk away. Now if you kept comming at me, I have the right to justify all force except death to stop you from comming at me repeatidly

To be honestly I would rather neither be in a hospital or jail. Just becarful when mauling someone, that you dont have a lawsuit in which you cannot justify your actions. Telling the judge 'oh he swung at me so i broke both his legs' isnt going to cut it, unless he swung a baseball bat at you or the person is a repeated offender.

Trust me I worked as a Security Officer an now had 6 felonies at 17 and I delt with actual Police Officers all the time being po'ed that they hated how criminals could shoot at them, but they werent aloud to shoot them back if they ran, because your legally not aloud to shoot someone who has their back turned to you. they have to be shot in front of the body and even then cops get sued for shooting someone in the stomach because of the pain an agony they went through.

(the felonies I wish not to talk about but I was able to become a security officer at 18 because it wasnt processed, though I had to quit the Security thing because of the felonies. I made a deal with the DA that will let my record be exponged in about 6 more months if I am good though)

I get where everyones comming though. I would personally try for knees,throat,eyes,nose, FISHHOOK!

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

styll not in my opinion..but thanks for you opinon tho ...but there are crazy people dat jus doesn't give up even going to court or maybe even if he got release from jail......say later on he finds you nd he has a weapon on him.....and he still wants to settle this or attacks you un expectedly.......so why take chance to give person a chance.....u dont know him and you should never give anyone a chance who tries to attack you that you dont know.....and that kind of situation him still tracking you down could b avoided if you just could of jus went all the way from the very beggining you 2 started. but i no there aren't all people like that, who styll tracks you down, but why take the chance, you dont no the attack exactly or how crazy he is