• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

best american martial arts film??

hey battousai16, The topic is headlined "best american film" then mostsolid asks" what is your favorite martial arts films of all time" So since you have noticed, you tell me, What's a guy to do ? :P

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, but then he goes on for 3 more threads correcting him self. though, i see your dillema :P

i'm gonna' throw out kill bill

btw rotten head fok, i know this is a wee bit off topic, but kung fu magazine just had 2 pretty large articles on choy li fut. interesting style indeed, and looks awfully pretty. i'm a bit envious :P

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

battousai16, I humbly thank you for the compliment, but all arts are great and those that choose to dedicate the time to learn them. Also thanks for the heads-up on the articles, I live in a very small town and the only publications available here is Black Belt, so now I'm going "In Search Of", Thanks!

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

oh, i know, it's just that i'd never really "seen" choy li fut, only read about it, and it was much different from what i'd pictured.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

btw rotten head fok, i know this is a wee bit off topic, but kung fu magazine just had 2 pretty large articles on choy li fut. interesting style indeed, and looks awfully pretty. i'm a bit envious :P

I've just been reading the latest edition of Kung Fu magazine (well, the latest edition that is available in the UK anyway...) - those Choy Li Fut articles are good.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

i think you'll find that the popular view of all chinese styles is very much distorted from the truth/reality.

i'm pretty sure that your wing chun class, as well as the wing chun itself, is nothing like how you imagined it.

(hey, how's it going?)

dont forget that wing chun is an over publisised style.

how many here have actually seen hung gar, mantis styles, white crane or eagle claw being performed and applied?

i mean, even the shoalin kung fu/fist style taht you see being performed.

have you actually see it applied?

dang, high-jacked another thread with my rants....

and um,

oops.

still haven't been to the post office......

things just keep popping up.

i promise...soon....really sorry.....

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

"i'm pretty sure that your wing chun class, as well as the wing chun itself, is nothing like how you imagined it.

(hey, how's it going?) "

:kaioken: gah, we're still trying to get ahold of each other. i just started university, and my schedules been thrown out of whack, mostly with driving times and what not. as of today i should be in on thursday. i guess he has this thing about meeting students personally before he trains 'em. . he sounds like a nice guy on the phone, though, and i've gotten all excited and reading up on wing chun and what not. i gotta' say, you chinese stylists have some excellent folk tales :)

i'm pretty sure that your wing chun class, as well as the wing chun itself, is nothing like how you imagined it.

(hey, how's it going?)

Fine, thank you! :) Enjoying it as ever.

and um,

oops.

still haven't been to the post office......

lol, don't worry about it!

You're as bad as I am when it comes to posting things... :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!