• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

best techniques to end a fight

The first punch is 50% of the fight (if landed). It hurts the opponent physically and kills him mentally.

that is almost true 100% of the time. unless the person doesnt hurt you when he/she hits you, then you say to yourself well it wasnt that bad, i think i have a chance...

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the mental thingy...unless you knock someone out. Chances are that no matter how badly you kick the crap out of them...there gonna keep comming for more because they are a moron. If you kick someone in the head, back off and laugh at them...they might have second thoughts about attempting again. It all depends on th situation...just make it as quick and painful as possible...kick in the stomach, knee in the face combos are nice. :brow:

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

I think throws are the best way to finish off fights.

Edited by Judo Warrior

- A coward dies a thousand deaths, A warrior dies but once.

- No matter how strong the wind is, The mountain cannot bow to it.

The first punch is usually the decider because:

It takes them by suprise.

Its easier to get power and technique right becuase ur not under pressure.

Its a great platform for starting a combo and while they are in pain and feeling disorientated, u are able to unloading an arsenal of strikes on them.

You've got the advantage, for the rest of the fight.

If done right, they will be totally incapacitated and unable to fight.

Conclusion: First strike=Victory

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

That's probably true, if you're fighting someone who has never taken a punch in the face before. But when fighting someone who knows how to fight and has taken punches in previous fights... he'll recover much quicker and (if a good fighter) will be able to block or evade the following attack, unless of course you manage to break his nose with that first punch :)

I have to go with the first strike option. As martial artists we need in general to be aware of attacks before they happen. This awareness should lead us to defend ourselves from immenent attacks by pre-emptive strikes. I would personally go for a punch/strike to the neck or throat area. The eyes and the nose are other viable targets. Obviously these areas can still be targets even if the fight is initiated by the other party.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

Thats true, part of being a good fighter is understanding ur opponent. If someone confronts u, lets say in a bar and looks like any second he's gonna launch at u, the best thing is to attack b4 he has the chance to. The best time would be when he is in the middle of a sentance, hit him hard, fast and with agression and confidence and dont stop until u think ur safe to do so.

However, if u think the guy looks dodgy, like may have a knife or somthing, then ur gonna have to sweet talk him out of it or simply get out of there, but somtimes this isnt the option.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

Yea, a also agree with the first blow thing...but chances are that we're not gonna be the fight instigators so...keep up on the defense

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

Best way to end a fight quick is to throw the person to the ground and stomp his face into the ground. That usuallly works.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Can't argue with common sense, above.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."