• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

best techniques to end a fight

I agree with Kajukenbopr.... It sounds like you just had a bad experience. Also, different arts are for different purposes- some are sports, some are to pass on traditions (I veiw much like studying calligraphy), and some are for self-defense. I've done a system that was heavily traditional (and loved it for what it was). I, now, do a system that is heavily "real world experience" based. They encourage "what-if's" and encorperating the most practical "what works for you" techniques from many systems (Karate, Judo/Jiu-Jitsu, Kenpo, Boxing). Maybe if you research, you could find a school that teaches what you are looking for.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concern is that there are people that have had a violent experience and are relying on someone to teach them to learn to fight back.

I was one of them and learned many martial arts to a high level from only high ranking instructors. to me it was an obsession so i would not be hurt again. Each High ranking instructor I learnt from I put to the test in full contact confrontation. Believe me after 20 years of martial arts experience in full contact they all put up a form of boxing when on their feet. When a rain of punches are landing on you moving in the form of boxing is the most natural thing you or any master will do standing up.

The martial arts have changed over the last 10 years to adapt to reality. They have become hybrids that dont resemble the original form. Ask your instructor to go full contact and observe. You will see that there is only a hand full of effective techniques that u can use under pressure.

• 3 weeks later...
Seems to me that there isnt much real life experiece in the responses. The answers are typical of our new understanding of the best way to end a fight. If we asked the same question 30 years ago can you imagine the exotic techniques that we would get. The martial artist is a funny creature after so many years of paying for lessons from high ranking instructers and the imformation available from so many sources there should be no debate. We should know the answer. But why dont we. Why are we unsure. Boxers, Kickboxers and wrestlers do not debate the effectiveness of their techniques. They do not question what works and what doesnt and that is not learnt in a lifetime. Its learnt in combat.

I know what your going to say next......But they have rules.....

An 8th dan karate expert glorified in his feild tried to convince me that karate was the answer to my question to him...That was

Whats the best way to end a fight?...he told me to practice his karate, the answer was in the kata. I practised and practised to work out his meaning. Took his imformation to real combat, and guess what, it didnt work. So I went back to the instructor and said to him put the gloves on and get in the ring and show me how you defend yourself. He reacted just like any other bloke in a streetfight. No special moves. just bad boxing.

The answer to your question is. You will react in the way that you train.

Combat is simple. dont complicate it. There is a reason why we have weight divisions in competitive combat. There is a reason why we have rules. Just take a tried and tested combat sport and learn it well. Then take away the rules. You dont need a grandmaster to guide you.

Unfortunately there are people out there that need to protect themselves lets not hide the truth to take their money.

i dont really know how to "box" properly but if we had to fight I can promise you I will defend myself well, even if u are a great boxer, no offense.

my training in martial arts(even though my school doesnt really go to tournaments) prepares me for real fights, be it our same way fo fighting or something we havent seen before, we adapt quickly.

so, my conclusion from your post is you had a bad martial arts instructor and decided that martial arts were innefective.

hopefully, one day you can experience something genuine and see what you have been missing.

"we adapt quickly" The point is in boxing or kick boxing adapting is the ONLY thing that we do...your adaptation is a first experience. Theres no secret to martial arts, the art is in yourself, not what some moves your master tells you to do for every single situation. It is what makes martial arts, an art, it is a expression of oneself and not anothers.

Aikido have names for techniques like "heaven and earth."which represents the creation of the universe along with a philosophical meaning.

Muay Thai have names for techniques like "closing the lamp", which means "punch him in the eye."

My objective to enter this discussion is not to create debate. But hopefully save some people a lot of time. People like myself that needed the right training for the situations that happened to arise over the years.

If i had of blindly followed the advice of people superior to me i would of spent a lot of time in hospital. It is hard to express the situation of the martial arts without violating the forum rules, but i know the experienced fighters know what im talking about. They know the blood sweat and tears involved to continue and maintain your ability to defend yourself well. But that is the problem, its the inexperienced people that need to defend themselves that need to know. I wish i knew then what i know now. A child needs a teacher, what kind of teacher you get is just a gamble.

• 2 weeks later...

Get them mad, Make them give it all they got, Who wants a fight if your not gonna fight at your best?

Yeah yeah, Shut up already

Begginer-2nd degree white

The best way to end a fight. Why fight?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Sidestep... then run. If he follows, make him run till he's winded, let him catch up and then work him. Of course, if you can catch him in the kidney with a good side kick after you sidestep, even better.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Because you were assaulted...?

Out of the blue or a situation that you escalated that could have been avoided? Now if someone just came up to you with no warning with a barrage of blows, then you have no choice but to fight. Who trains for that these days? Can you sense danger? I think most of us can, but we ignore it and fall into situations that can be avoided most of the time.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"