• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

best techniques to end a fight

Make an effort step back a little, and or let the other person at least appear to take the first swing...

Side step them, and do as little as is necessary to end a fight.

Start thinking of your legal defense before the fight begins, and or ends. LOL

Yes, it is sad that the american justice/prison/judicial system is losing its grip on the meaning of justice, punishment and or reform.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinoin what would be some of the best techniques to end a fight quick? , besides a kick in the grion :o

in the street- a nice hit to the neck should do the trick- you could also: break the knee, break the ankle,break the arm, kick the ribs, sweep and kick the face(or stomp),scratch his eyes out, stab with your keys, and so on.....

at school- groin or a strong hit to the stomach's opening(right below the sternum) --be smart, nothing that leaves a mark!!! :P

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

Best way to end a fight is do all in your power for the fight not to start at all. Beggining and end are all the same.

In Karate-do kyohan Funakoshi Sensei says do not let them know you know karate (or your art) until the moment of action. That will take them by surprise...

Gero

• 2 weeks later...

Elbow and knees are some godd finishes. Kneeing in the stomach or floating ribs are effectives techniques, also elbowing them in the face. Me personally I would just finish them off with a good punch to the face or somach.

"Martial Arts is kinda like yin and yang when you think about it; it 50% physical and 50% mental"

Call 911...lol...Actually there have been some great replies so far!

:)

Later!

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

I think throws are the best way to finish off fights.

a throw to finish a fight does not always work, but a direct attack may hit the spot. both critical and effective.

First courage, second power, and then technique.

This is kind of ridiculous. Honestly. This isn't a video game. This is life. People's lives. Stomping someone's head in the ground or punching out a car window is not the way to solve any problem. Even a fight.

While we, as karateka and varied martial artists may have the faculties to hurt people, we must also equip ourselves with self-confidence and moral stature such that we do not care whether or not someone thinks they won a fight or whether they think you are in the wrong or not.

The majority of fights are started as a result of pride, which has no place in the martial arts, most of the traditional types of which teach humility, peace and harmony. This is not a game. The 'enemy' is just another man. One who is most likely feeling morally, psychologically or physically threatened. Many times this is OUR fault.

This is basic kindergarten morals, friends. If you have to stop a rape or a murder, do it. But if you're in a bar and someone's throwing insults and pushes, back down. Be an example. This is true strength. Not needing to prove oneself.

I don't know all of the situations each of you have been in, and will get into, but I do know that with power comes responsibility. That's not just a cheesy spiderman quote. I'd recommend taking it to heart.

Timothy.

This is kind of ridiculous. Honestly. This isn't a video game. This is life. People's lives. Stomping someone's head in the ground or punching out a car window is not the way to solve any problem. Even a fight.

While we, as karateka and varied martial artists may have the faculties to hurt people, we must also equip ourselves with self-confidence and moral stature such that we do not care whether or not someone thinks they won a fight or whether they think you are in the wrong or not.

The majority of fights are started as a result of pride, which has no place in the martial arts, most of the traditional types of which teach humility, peace and harmony. This is not a game. The 'enemy' is just another man. One who is most likely feeling morally, psychologically or physically threatened. Many times this is OUR fault.

This is basic kindergarten morals, friends. If you have to stop a rape or a murder, do it. But if you're in a bar and someone's throwing insults and pushes, back down. Be an example. This is true strength. Not needing to prove oneself.

I don't know all of the situations each of you have been in, and will get into, but I do know that with power comes responsibility. That's not just a cheesy spiderman quote. I'd recommend taking it to heart.

Timothy.

We're not saying we like goign out to crush people who know less than us, or are weaker.

The one who started the thread wanted to know the fastest way to stop a fight, be it whether you are in the wrong or if you are just defending yourself.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

Hey, i was just wondering i dont think ive seen anyone talk about headbutting, but for example last night i had an confrontation with some people who wanted fight me for no reason other than them bragging that theyve been in 3 fights that night and after all the ways i tryed to talk my way out of it i was basicly forced to fight. So instead of throwing the first punch i quickly grabed him and headbutted him in the face, from that instant on he couldnt throw punches properly and cos of that i was able to dodge and grab his main arm and land a knee to his chest which put him running around the corner on his phone ringing up his mates to back him up. While i had someone between me and the other guy to stop the fight i tryed a smart thing and say that i aint gonna fight ne more his mate came out of nowhere and hit me in the face unexpectedly, it didnt really do much to me except give me reason pay him out for his cowardence. So from that experience i learnt that height doesnt really mean much when it comes to that tecnique and i still got to walk away undamaged except from a bleeding lip, im only 5'7 and he easily being 5'10 i felt the headbutt was very effective and didnt hurt my own head as much as ud think. So what do others think of headbutting?