• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I See Colors!!!

What color would you dye your gi??  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What color would you dye your gi??

• Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • Yellow
    • Purple
    • Tie-Dye
    • Other (Please tell what color)

I've always liked the look of Neo's gi from The Matrix when he is sparring against Morpheus. I'm not saying anything about Keanu Reeves or his ability as a martial artist.

Just saying the gi looked cool. Kind of a cream color with black trim/underside.

If I wanted to be unique, however, I might have my gi painted with some kind of optical illusion so my opponents can't quite focus on my properly. Make it so their eyes keep wanting to slide off me. ;)

Wap

"Fighting fighting. Same Same"

"But you know karate!"

"Someone always know more..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we are given black gi's to start with, and I really prefer it that way. My last dojo had white gi's , and you could get a black gi once you hit a certain rank [like blue or green-belt maybe].

I dunno though. If I HAD to have another color other than black or white, I guess I'd go for blue. [LIke a cobalt blue].

DT

- "Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently." Benjamin Franklin

-"If you always do what you've always done you'll always be what you've always been." Dale Carnegie

If I wanted to be unique, however, I might have my gi painted with some kind of optical illusion so my opponents can't quite focus on my properly. Make it so their eyes keep wanting to slide off me. ;)

Wap, that's the best idea I've heard in a long while! :D

Now, where can I get me one of those gi's??

I've got a tournament coming up at the weekend, I could do with an optical illusion or three! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

My old dojo had a special rule that once you became a Black Belt, you could wear any color gi, or any combination of colors you wished. As a half-joke, my mother gave me a purple gi top the Christmas I got my Black Belt. The first time I wore it in, I got some really strange looks :lol:

It was a good top though. :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Wap

You mean like the optical Camouflage that the japanese are developing? Yeah that'd be sweet.

Here's one of the videos

DT

- "Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently." Benjamin Franklin

-"If you always do what you've always done you'll always be what you've always been." Dale Carnegie