• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Quotes.

Mu Ryuk

"Cowards die many times before their deaths,

The valiant never taste of death but once."

- William Shakespeare

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

- Sir Winston Churchill

"An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before. An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before."

- Mark Twain :P

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

--Bilbo Baggins

"Ho! Ho! Ho! to the bottle I go"

-- Frodo Baggins(I've repeated this one too many times myself)

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

--Gandalf the Grey

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-- Gimli, Son of Glóin

(Yeah, I'm a LotR fanboy. The above quotes are from Tolkien's writings, not the movies).

"Why certainly I'd like to have that fellow who hits a home run every time at bat, who strikes out every opposing batter when he's pitching, who throws strikes to any base or the plate when he's playing outfield and who's always thinking about two innings ahead just what he'll do to baffle the other team. Any manager would want a guy like that playing for him. The only trouble is to get him to put down his cup of beer and come down out of the stands and do those things."

-- Manager Danny Murtaugh

"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the goddamn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all."

-- Earl Weaver

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."

-- Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer

"Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball."

-- Jim Murray

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

-- James Earl Jones as Terence Mann, in Field of Dreams

(I'm obviously a big baseball fan too)

"Thanks (sincerely) to Michael Moore, Bruce Springsteen and P. Diddy for helping to re-elect George W. Bush to 4 more years in the White House."

-- internet blog

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper. If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-- Gichin Funakoshi

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

• 1 month later...

to raise your hand and speak is a moments shame, but to remain silent is a life time shame.

-unknown

practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.

-Richard V. Donk

a journey with a thousand steps begins with a single step.

-Uknown

how the reflection of water, reflects a man, that's how his heart reflects a man.

-Holy Bible

Even the most powerful human being has a limited sphere of strength. Draw him outside of that sphere and into your own, and his strength will dissipate.

Murihei Ueshiba, the founder of Aikido

One does not need buildings, money, power, or status to practice the Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train.

Eight forces sustain creation:

Movement and stillness,

Solidification and fluidity,

Extension and contraction,

Unification and division.

Do not fail

To learn from

The pure voice of an

Ever-flowing mountain stream

Splashing over the rocks.

The only cure for materialism is the cleansing of the six senses (eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body, and mind). If the senses are clogged, one's perception is stifled. The more it is stifled, the more contaminated the senses become. This creates disorder in the world, and that is the greatest evil of all. Polish the heart, free the six senses and let them function without obstruction, and your entire body and soul will glow

Each and every master, regardless of the era or place, heard the call and attained harmony with heaven and earth. There are many paths leading to the top of Mount Fuji, but there is only one summit - love.

Instructors can impart only a fraction of the teaching. It is through your own devoted practice that the mysteries of the Art of Peace are brought to life.

Even the most powerful human being has a limited sphere of strength. Draw him outside of that sphere and into your own, and his strength will dissipate.