• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What federation are you a part of?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We are in the USTF, but, I understand the USTF is part of the ITF. It's the more traditional of the TKDs... I think. I'm still a newbie so I'm still learning all the history.

Well, I don't do TKD...

but my karate school is a founder member of the Federation of Shotokan Karate, and also registered with the English Karate Governing Body.

My Wing Chun school is a member of Samuel Kwok's Martial Art's schools, and also registered with the British Council for Chinese Martial Arts.

They also train in TKD at the Wing Chun school I'm with. They're ITF affilliated. Most of the TKD schools in my area are with the WTF, though.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

USKA (United States Karate Alliance) it is open to all styles

"Karate is like ballet, except there is no music, no choreography and the dancers get to hit each other."

i am currently a member of the following:

aau,itf,ctf, deutschen jka-karate bundes.

others in the past:

gtf,wtf,matf,naska

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

Well, I don't do TKD...

but my karate school is a founder member of the Federation of Shotokan Karate, and also registered with the English Karate Governing Body.

My Wing Chun school is a member of Samuel Kwok's Martial Art's schools, and also registered with the British Council for Chinese Martial Arts.

They also train in TKD at the Wing Chun school I'm with. They're ITF affilliated. Most of the TKD schools in my area are with the WTF, though.

Isn't it hard to be learning all those styles at once? I would love to learn multiple styles but at the same time.. Is it hard to keep what you've learned from bleeding into the other arts you practice?

Well, I don't do TKD...

Isn't it hard to be learning all those styles at once? I would love to learn multiple styles but at the same time.. Is it hard to keep what you've learned from bleeding into the other arts you practice?

Well, I only really train in 2 styles - Wing Chun and Karate. The Kobudo is part of my Karate training. It would be a lot harder for me I think If I didn't already have a decent grounding in Shotokan. I'd suggest to anyone who wants to train in more than one style to get a good base in their primary art first (eg brown or black belt or equivalent) before adding other stuff.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Wow, I didn't realize there where so many federations o.o

the alphabet soup of federations seems to be never ending.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

Well, I don't do TKD...

Well, I only really train in 2 styles - Wing Chun and Karate. The Kobudo is part of my Karate training. It would be a lot harder for me I think If I didn't already have a decent grounding in Shotokan. I'd suggest to anyone who wants to train in more than one style to get a good base in their primary art first (eg brown or black belt or equivalent) before adding other stuff.

That makes sense. I still haven't even decided which style to practice >.<; I'm going to check out a Shorin Ryu dojo and I'm really exited about that :) I don't want to limit myself though... I think I may try the same thing as you when I get more skilled. I think I will end up trying some sort of Chinese martial art next they have some very interesting concepts to them.