• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just a curious question?

I would just make sure that for now they attend all their MA classes as they would if they were attending regular school. In time when MA gets into their system and they are a little older it may get easier to make them train at home.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I would just make sure that for now they attend all their MA classes as they would if they were attending regular school. In time when MA gets into their system and they are a little older it may get easier to make them train at home.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Most dont want to train at home...they want to go somewhere to train....

They want to be there amongst peers and friends....it more fun that way

Just an update ya'll on progress.

We are in our.... uhm, 4th week. Next week, wednesday after the holiday, My OS, and YD will take their gold belt exam. They are really getting excited about it now. The only one struggling, so to speak, is my OD, which is in soccer also. She is not testing till next month.

I am excited that it is starting to make some sense to them, and that my YD is doing exceptionally well, according to her instructor.

Thanks for all the advice. It appears to be working.

That's great news ! Thanks for sharing, I've been thinking about your original post. It sounds to me that your a very good parent; stick with that. Also IMO if you just have your children around you while you train I think that over time it will motivate them. Happy Training !

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

Boyfriend? Girlfriend? :o :spitlaugh:

My oldest is 11. We have been really driving home education and waiting till college to date. I hope it works.

(LOL, I convinced my son that if he dates in HS, he will most likely end up with someone like my ex-wife (and she is the Devil incarnate, literally). That changed his mind real quick.

The last girl that took an interest in him, :lol: he told her he wasnt interested in being a dad....:lol:. I had to laugh. It's funny, because he thinks girls are cute, but he thinks they are all like my ex-wife. :lol:

Are I mean or what. :lol: