• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

stop dissin teh nunchaku

Spin

I probably offended Spin on another thread when I said some things about the nunchaku not being the best weapon for street use.I stand behind what I said.I train hard with many weapons and we do armor up and practice kumite with them,it is my experience that the nunchaku is the hardest weapon to not have taken from you.But I would be glad to put my authentic nunchaku training against his flashy techniques any time,and I dissagree that you need a balance of flash,that could get you very hurt in a fight or combat situation.First you need to understand that kobudo translates to :art of war: not self defense,big differense.In a war situation I do not want flash I only have room in my arsenal for what works,leave the pretty stuff home for the kids to play with their toys.Mine are weapons and I train them like weapons.No offense intended but some people need to know the differense between weapons and toys.There are no foam weapons in my dojo but there is protective gear you can wear to help cushion the blows.

migi kamae,migi bo kihon ichi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know about the laws in the UK, but in the USA, if you're going to pull out a pair of nunchaku or carry them for protection, you might as well carry a pistol instead. The police and courts view them much the same, and a pistol is far deadlier.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

.....they're not very legal here either.

basically, they kinda fall under the same catogory of 'offensive weapon' (although recently guns and knives have their own laws).

but my experience is that the police aren't that unforgiving.

y'know, there is a difference between a schoolkid with a pair tucked inside his jacket

and

the rough looking guy on his way to training with them on the back seat.

and unless you are a fool, they will just let you know that they should be securely carried in a case of some sort.

oops.

well, in the uk, you're slightly better off with a pair of nunchaku....... only slightly.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Some states, I think New York and California, they are totally illegal outside of a dojo, while others, like Montana, it's perfectly legal to own them. Heck, we can carry a unconcealed gun on our hips just about anywhere and it's legal. Getting a concealed gun permit is real easy also.

I know the cops will take nunchaku away from kids if they see them swinging them around on the street, but I've used them in my class while teaching in a city park, and they never said anything to me about it. I believe that all (most?) states don't allow them concealed on your person

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

i know here in WI nunchaku are frowned upon, but generally ok. it's preffered they be in a special carrying case. it's far easier to get away with a knife, actually.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Spin, I say keep on with your flashy practice and learn more about practical applications. Have fun and work hard, you'll be happier when you understand even more about Nunchaku.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.