• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

thai kicks to the full leg

if you kick somebody in the knee or shin during a kickboxing/k1 match do you get a yellow card or some kind of warning from the ref, or are these kicks allowed just not done becouse the knee can actually hurt the person kicking, or do they not do it out of respect for your oponent?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicking the knee is illegal.

It is hard to kick the knee unless you have your opponent offbalance or stuck on his leg.

the targets for kicking are the thigh anyways either the outside or inside depending on whats open, kicking to the knee or shin/calf are not advisable, easily stepped or blocked and can often put you in a bad position to take punishment.

I cant think of even 1 positive reason to go for the knee or lower in a kickboxing fight..... street fight maybe... but not in a kickboxing match, and escpecially not the K1

to answer your question its all of the above on your questions, I know it is against K1 rules, but not sure what the penalty is on first warning

I cant think of even 1 positive reason to go for the knee or lower in a kickboxing fight..... street fight maybe... but not in a kickboxing match, and escpecially not the K1

cut kick.

thanks, I would geuss that getting kicked in the knee happens once in a while "accidental" during a kickboxing match especialy in novice matches where some fighters aim is a little off. I have seen a few k1 matches where some fighters kicks go a little low "to the knee" and the ref does not seem to pay attention, also the knee is pretty tough a good leg block can break some ones shin if done with the knee.

cut kick? LOL

I dont want to tell you your business but a cut kick is done mostly to the inner thigh in sport fighting, at least all i have seen...

I am curious where you fight in sport Muay Thai that allows you to cut kick to the knee or lower..

Edited by Luckykboxer

No, lol I have not fought in any matches. that allow kicks to the knee or lower i was just wondering what the rules are for when it acidently happens.

I thought a cut kick was when you kick someones supporting leg when they are throwing a kick with the oposite leg, or is it like you said any time you kick to the inner thigh.

no, I have not fought in any matches. that allow kicks to the knee or lower i was just wondering what the rules are for when it acidently happens.

I thought a cut kick was when you kick someones supporting leg when they are throwing a kick with the oposite leg, or is it like you said any time you kick to the inner thigh.

I think I know what you are talking about now, I dont htink I would call that a cutkick, but rather a sweep.

could be we are talking about the same thing but only semantics is keeping us apart here.

but when i am doing a sweep to the support leg it is much much different from a kick /shrug

thanks, I would geuss that getting kicked in the knee happens once in a while "accidental" during a kickboxing match especialy in novice matches where some fighters aim is a little off. I have seen a few k1 matches where some fighters kicks go a little low "to the knee" and the ref does not seem to pay attention, also the knee is pretty tough a good leg block can break some ones shin if done with the knee.

my meniscus was strained from a kick to the inside of my knee.