• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Coming joint first in a sparring tourney this year without even having to fight was pretty memorable!

My first 2 matches I was automatically through, as my opponents didn't show. In my third match I was against a lady that I've beaten several times before - she pulled out when she saw she was drawn against me (which I was disappointed about - if the situation had been reversed I'd have given it a go, just to try and even up the scores a little!). The fourth round was the fight for the 1st and 2nd places. However, because the competition was running waaaay overtime AND because one of the judges had been called away the competition organisers asked if me and the other competitior would mind sharing first place. That way, they could get another category onto the area and also not have to go hunt for the missing judge.

We didn't mind - we both thought it was cool, and much better to have 2 winners, than one winner and a loser. In one sense, that's what MA competitions are about.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt