• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wouldn't say it's the main factor. if that were the case, a guy lee's size could easily KO someone tyson's size and there would be no need for weight classes. that's simply not true. mass has plenty to do with it. I recently fought to a decision against a guy who outweighed me by 80 lbs. had he been my size, I know my shots would've dropped him, as I've done it before - size means alot.

How many KO's are produced of of a jab? How many off of a cross? which is faster?

what's more feared, a lead leg roundhouse or a rear leg? which is faster?

you need mass behind the speed. speed isn't the main component, IMO. they are equal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

The jab, for me is my best punch in my arselal. I worship the jab. Its a very deceptive and annoying punch and can be used to catch even quick people off gaurd.

once, when i was boxing (just for fun of course) the whole fight I onely hit him with a right hook, which by the way, knocked him stumbling sideways but not a knock out, The man was fast enuf to dodge my power shots but I quickly pester him with a jab when he got ready to attack or some times i would just pop him one.

He one on points, but his eyes where puffy and he had some bleeding but me I was satisfied because I was unscathed (because my gaurd is great)

All the post here are great. I recomend mixing up your streghnth and snappy jabs so you can catch them off gaurd with a strong one when they where setting up for an assult of there own and keep snapping the fast ones ramdomly.

also if you catch them follow up with a cross. :wink:

My fists are fire,

My arms are brimstone,

My legs are steel,

My heart is the furnace.

Rock--5ft'6 160lbs 15yrs old

I do alot of flicker jabs

Jabs from waist level going up

Their whiplike nature is good at causing swelling

If you feel more comfortable with a southpaw stance, use it. Don't worry about it

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!

you need mass behind the speed. speed isn't the main component, IMO. they are equal.

As for myself, I'm only 135lbs, not much mass there

That's why I need to up the velocity of my punches to increase the momentum

Momentum = (Mass)(Velocity)

better known as p=mv

Man, and I've only got a C in Physics :bawling:

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!

• 2 weeks later...

All of the replies have been pretty dead on as far as advice goes.

But I have one question, if you feel awkward about fighting from a normal stance, why do you not just fight southpaw?

Personally, I am a big proponent of being ambidextrous in a fight.

SiK---Joshua

There are no limits.

has anyone ever used a backfist? i like to mix them in with my jabs.

the backfist is not legal in competition. you must hit with the front of the glove.

that said though, when I trained kung fu and karate, I used the backfist. I like the jab better.