difficult kicks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the 720; it starts off in a spingmotion in one jump execut e alow in/out kikc, the a roundhouse wiht the other leg and land on this foot but beofre you land the kick you finish with a back spinning hook kick with the first kicking leg. It looks nice for demos and such. Like my Master Choi always says adavanced spinning kicks are not used in real combat but are good for conditioning the body with coordination.

Choi, Ji Hoon Instructor-

3rd Dan-Tae Kwon Do

3rd Dan Hapkido

International Haedong Gumdo Federation

Kyuk Too Ki (Korean Kickboxing/Streetfighting)

• 2 weeks later...

Any kick that requires a running start . . .

I tend to start running, jump and do the kick alright, then land and tumble like I've got legs of wood or something, lol. Just to have my master then come over and stare at me with the "haven't we been over this" look.

its not part of our curriculum, but the twist kick (or reverse roundhouse) is the hardest, especially if you apply advanced footwork like a jump, spin, or charge. I can't get it to go horizonally enough to be a tag.

back kick is hard to, as are most jumping kicks. But that back kick'll get you

the lesson is the needle and you are the thread, let this image be in your mind constantly - Musashi

Here's a nice back kick from the 2004 Olympics, almost as good as mine :P (just joking)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040829/capt.olytae10408291328.greece_olympics_taekwondo_olytae104.jpg

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Weak side spinning jump kicks are tough.... I got a killer right leg jump back spinning kick but a pretty lousy lefty

You know what, I am the same way. Bad side spinning kicks are tough to do, but I'm working on it to get better.

It is better to burn out than to fade out!

Probably the 720; it starts off in a spingmotion in one jump execut e alow in/out kikc, the a roundhouse wiht the other leg and land on this foot but beofre you land the kick you finish with a back spinning hook kick with the first kicking leg. It looks nice for demos and such. Like my Master Choi always says adavanced spinning kicks are not used in real combat but are good for conditioning the body with coordination.

I agree