difficult kicks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficulty in technique for me would be the jumping spin kick. I can do it, it just still looks kinda ugly yet.

Difficulty in just plain doing for me are high roundhouse kicks. I just cannot seem to get flexible enough to kick above my own shoulder height, no matter how much I stretch. The thing is, I can get higher with a side kick, but for some reason, I can't get my roundhouse up there. I swear sometimes it feels the more I stretch, the tighter I get. It's pretty frustrating. :-?

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

I swear sometimes it feels the more I stretch, the tighter I get. It's pretty frustrating. :-?

Dean, I know how you feel! I'm very very naturally inflexible (about as flexible as a brick :() and I've had a long and uphill battle in my training to become more flexible. :cry:

Some days I 'have it' and can really stretch out and others... well, on those days it's just better if I try to kick someone in the kneecaps rather than the head! :lol: lol, not quite, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

However, I'm a lot more flexible than I used to be! So, keep on persevering and I'm sure you'll get there.

The hardest kicks for me to learn/perform were the reverse roundhouse kick and spinning back kick.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Difficulty in just plain doing for me are high roundhouse kicks. I just cannot seem to get flexible enough to kick above my own shoulder height, no matter how much I stretch. The thing is, I can get higher with a side kick, but for some reason, I can't get my roundhouse up there. I swear sometimes it feels the more I stretch, the tighter I get. It's pretty frustrating. :-?

I'm the other way around. I can do high roundhouse, front kicks, can do splits ect. BUT I can not get my side kick higher than my shoulder height :kaioken: My side splits are lousy too.

Anyways, the most difficult kick for me to learn (in the beginning) was the back kick. Now it's the jumping back kick ggggrrrr. I don't do well with anything that goes backwards LOL.

Laurie F

The most difficult for me is the flying (jump) spinning kick, especially when turning counter clockwise and kicking with the left foot.

I can't even say that learning any of those kicks that rotate over 360 are difficult for me..because I won't even try them! :lol:

I personally like the back kick and have often successfully used the jump back kick when being chased out the ring by an opponent. It's put many a good man down with a hit to the chin. Keep training and practice it. It's a good technique and catches them off guard when they are on the attack.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

the jumping split kick is difficult...half twist kick and half side kick. also the 540 jump round kick is not that easy. but in all reality most of the acrobatic kicks are hard. but the jump slit kick is in one of my patterns. other than that the rest are not that difficult for me.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"