• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most embarrassing MA moment

I'd like to follow a similiar thread to the of Shorinryu Sensei's "Humor - First Class" thread, and ask..

What was your most embarrassing moment in your martial arts expierence. I have a tie between two.

The summer when I ws failrl new to TKD my wife and I had a sitter come in and watch the kids that summer. One day this young girl decided to be ambitious and do our laundry. She started a small load which included my only gui and some other whites, and a few of my kid's red shirts. You guessed it. I went to class that night in a pink gui. Embarrassing!

The other one was when I did the laundry. I was running late to class and quickly pulled my gui out the dryer, put it on and took off to class. I just just recently been promoted to 1st dan, so the instructor asked me to warm up the class. I went of front of my peers and wanted to look good, so I had the class do some front kicks. As I demostraited a strong front snap kick a pair of women's panties came flying out of my pants leg!!! Right across the front of the dogang!! :oops: I hate static electricity! :x

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Funny Laundry Humor ! I was 16 and in the back room of my school hanging out with some of my classmates with my back to the door. Well I was feeling cocky, dancing around with my then boxing steps, saying " I am the Prince of Punch!", "The King of Sting!", "The Duke of One, Two!" the entire time my teacher was standing behind me, I got out of class three hours later a whipped pup! and humbled!

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

Last week at the training we had to stand on our hands against a wall and do some push ups. Not really my strongest point, 5 or 6 other students did their hand stance nicely lined up next to each other against the wall and started doing push ups. i was last in line, as i swing my legs against the wall i lose balance and hit the one next to me, she loses her balance as well and yup you guessed it: domino effect. Nobody got hurt and the sifu was laughing (must have been an amusing sight from where he was standing) but very embarrassing for me. :)

i once kicked a fellow student threw a wall because i lost my temper. it was very embarrassing and i was ashaimed of my actions. my instructor had a long conversation with me after class. i have never lost my temper in class ever since.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

I once spilt my head open from tripping up whilst wearing too-big gi bottoms. I was leading the warm ups and tripped and flew out of the open door and onto the fire escape. :blush:

I also was once in this big competition and performing a kata. It was the final and I was doing really well until I missed a section out. In most katas you end up facing the same way at the end as you did at the start. Well, I missed a chunk of the kata out and ended up finishing with my back to the judges. I stood there for what felt like hours but was really only a couple of seconds trying to figure out why I was 'backwards'. I was sooooo embarassed...

The kata incident was not a good day for me - I'd got lost on the way to the competition, I goofed up in the kata and then I managed to break my big toe in the fighing. I did a roundhouse kick and the other person blocked...but with their elbow. All I can say is OW! I think I should have stayed in bed that day. :roll:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Mine would have to be when we were kicking Tai pads against the wall that my Sensei was holding. I was doing fine, but then this guy that was in my class came in, and I had the biggest thing for him at the time, so my Sensei told me to go and instead of kicking the pad I kicked the cement wall!!! Ouch. We were doing Round House kicks! The that I liked ended up helping me out the door and laughing at me. Now he and I are just good friends.

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

aefibird: Well, I missed a chunk of the kata out and ended up finishing with my back to the judges.

Once in competition I as doing a form (kata) and right near the end I came to a pivot point and was about to go to the left when I caught myself and thought " NO.. go right!" which I did.

When done, a friend of mine who is a dogang owner/head instructor told me "good form". I laughed and bragged "Yea, and I almost turned left at the end but caught myself and went right

By now you probably already know the ending to this story. Yep, it came to me several minutes later when the other competitors did their forms. I should have gone LEFT and not right.

I never liked that form anyway.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

I was practicing grappling one day in class and I accidently grabbed my partner's (male) bum! I felt really embarrassed and so did he.

Another time I was grappling and apparently my cleavage was showing. I guess my tank top got pulled down a little too far. This was during a test too, so everyone on the side got a bit of a show. I didn't know at first until someone told me.

Sensei walked across stomachs during crunches and made me fart.

Real loud one too.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke