• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would you change about your style?

I'd only want more sweeps if we got mats. Nice thick, soft mats, with plenty of padding for a bruised karateka... *dreams*

We do quite a lot of sweeps in my club as it is (my Sensei is fond of them), but it sure hurts being swept full pelt onto a solid wooden floor!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the same situation here! We're trying to start a 'Mat Fund' cos they're so expensive! At the moment we're using the floor, which is ok for people like me who don't get hurt easily, but for some of the others, falling over is really painful for them. It limits what we can do :(

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

Well, someone once donated some old school gym mats, but my instructor never uses them.

He's a true old school Sensei in that respect and a bit of a "well, if it was good enough for me to train without mats in the 60's/70's then it's good enough for you..." type of person. :roll:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I wish to eliminate the multicolor belt system and return to white-to-black. I'd also like to kill the organizations which led to so much bickering it's pointless almost to even look at a book on my style now. The obsession with leniage, while understandable, is an unafordable handicap for my style to advance itself which was Shimabuku's wish.

If your fist goes forth, withhold your anger, if your anger goes forth, withhold your fist.