• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would you change about your style?

I would add more ground work. I've messed around with some guys studying BJJ, in order to use what I know better from on the ground, but I wish it were a regular part of the curriculum.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my style (Tang Soo Do) but I wish our school was a bit more Traditional and serious...we are a bit McDojoish in some ways. But I love the school with all my heart, and will never leave it...just try to do things my way.

Tang Soo!

Passion transcends pain.

fundemantally nothing

politically everything

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

I would add more groundwork to American Kenpo. But other that I think it's pretty damn good.

However.. I have a few disagreements with how my school trains.

The teachers are very competent, no doubt. But they go easy on us, way too easy. The teachers themselves are pretty "hardcore" I've seen them train with each other, but when it comes to us, the students, they go completely soft on us. We can only do light contact to medium contact sparring, with gear. It didn't used to be like this, but they changed it. The worst warm up I've had in there was having to do 25 push ups and a few crunches. Easy. None of the students in there are really being pushed. But that's okay, because I can always work out other places. What really bothers me is how lame the sparring is. Almost no contact, it really sucks. I can't fight when I'm forced to hold back like that. Oh well. My town doesn't have anything else to offer.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

cloud dragon

first of all i like your signature.

money and politics go hand in hand. with the organizations that i have and am involved with this is a big problem. i realiye the business aspect of ma but it just seems that the money issue gets out of hand to often. two examples...wtf high ranking member found guilty of embezzlement. itf founder dies then his "disciples" can not make up there minds on whom should run the organization. there answer split of and form another alphabet soup organiyation.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

the only thing i miss in my style is full contact sparring, there is "some" light contact sparring but i always tend do go a little harder at which point the sifu puts me back into place.

it's a bit frustrating that you learn all these techniques but you can't really put them to the test. And for all i know i could still get my * kicked easly in a real fight cause everything i learned was tested against an opponent who more or less cooperates and doesn't fight back full force.

Full Contact Sparring

More Serious Grading

More Groundwork Ju-Jitsu

Cooler Gi's!!!

I'd like cooler gi's, but by that I mean literally cooler gi's.

Training in a red-hot room without air conditioning or any open-able windows is a nightmare...

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I agree, Rachel!

I wouldn't want to change much, just have more classes a week, and maybe more sweeps!

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson