Am i being ripped off?-Belt belt test fees

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Jhoon Rhee is really considered ITF. From the Jhoon Rhee dojang that I oberved here, he has his own set of hyungs up until black belt and then they practice the ITF hyungs for their progression above black belt.

Back to the comment though, $500 is fairly excessive for a BB test.

Pilsung:karate:

• 2 years later...

Wow Dude you are really getting ripped off. I wouldn't pay that much money for a black belt. My friend was going to 1 dan and they charged him only 150 bucks.

TKD RULES!!!

Yellow/Green Belt aka High-Yellow

we only pay $10 for a belt test below black and $50 for our black belt test it is another $50 if you want to register with our association USKA. $500 is way to high. I would find another school

"Karate is like ballet, except there is no music, no choreography and the dancers get to hit each other."

what do you get for the $500

a black belt cost $10-$30 at century.com

a certificate $10 this includes paying someone for the fancy handwriting

a new uniform heavyweight $70-$100 century

are you getting the picture yet???

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

i agree, i think you're being ripped off, but then it depends on what you think is important to you... i've heard of schools charging large 1st dan test fees to compensate a master's flight from Korea, that sort of thing. Is your fee going towards travel costs so other instructors can participate? even so, i wouldn't pay $500 for a test.

Cho Dan - Tang Soo Do

Miller Tang Soo Do Institute

https://www.mtsdi.com

As a student at a Jhoon Rhee descended school we also do some of the ITF forms but we like the Jhoon Rhee schools are not really affiliated with the ITF. I would like to know if this 500 dollars gets you straight to cho dan or if this is just to cho dan bo. I had an olympic tkd instructor tell me once that some schools charge as much as 500 for their 1st dan but that can either be divided into 250 for chodanbo and 250 for chodan or 500 straight for chodan bo and nothing for chodan. I do personally however feel that 500 dollars is out of line. At my school which isnt in an economically depressed area I paid 165 for my chodanbo test which also covered my chodan test, got me a new uniform and my certificate. If you dont want to pay that much which I think you should definitely not remember alot of TKD schools will give you your rank at their style as long as you agree to learn their forms and what not. I mean you already have the knowlege of a black belt so your not paying for that, just belts and uniforms and certificates. So it might be easier just to look into another school.

Long Live the Fighters!