• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Am i being ripped off?-Belt belt test fees

I train under the Jhoon Rhee system of tae kwon do..It's affliated with I.T.F..If I.T.F has certain rules on how much you should charge for a black belt test, why is my master charging students 500 bucks us for their 1st degree black belt test? Is this legal? Does I.T.F have any control over the Jhoon Rhee system of tae kwon do?

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure of any answers for your questions, but personally, if I had to pay that much for a belt I would simply leave the club. Is it really worth so much of your money for that belt? Its the dedication and skill that makes the practicioner, not the belt.

If I were you, I would search for another club to train at. :smile:

Just my humble opinion

Peace

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

We pay $250 US for 1st degree. It includes about 6-10 "regular" testing fees and an instructors uniform presented at promotion, along with your belt, that's worth about $100.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

as soon as they said five hundred dollars ..you should have known then you were being jerked..way before you posted this

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Dude, you're being rip-off. For 500 dollars, I would rather by me a good heavy bag and work-out at home, than pay for a stupid belt. Who needs to go to a school and take classes. At your level, all the skills needed to defend one self is already learned.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

• 2 months later...