supacoopatroopa

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't find it strange at all considering the three founders of World Oyama were the leading instructors of Kyokushin sent ot America.

There is an interesting news letter by Siako Shihan on the WOKO site which shows him running next to Mas Oyama and talks about his early days as a teenager training at the original Kyokushin dojo with Mas Oyama.

If anything, I'll wager World Oyama is truer to the original Kyokushin than a lot of Kyokushin dojos in the US. We have one student who joined us recently after the Sacramento Kyokushin dojo closed down (Fred Buck's School of the Tiger moved to Arizona) and he says our training is much more technical than he was used to with Fred Buck and he much prefers it.

Osu!

ET

Its hard to saw, I mean Kyokushin is so broken up now. There are so many different organizations and offshoots of the art.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't find it strange at all considering the three founders of World Oyama were the leading instructors of Kyokushin sent ot America.

If anything, I'll wager World Oyama is truer to the original Kyokushin than a lot of Kyokushin dojos in the US.

A lot of Kyokushin school in the U.S came from different arts with a Kyokushin name. In a sense, World Oyama is more Kyokushin than any Kyoksuhin school in the U.S.

Edited by KyokushinMMA

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is an old post but I just got registered and while doing a search on World Oyama Karate, came across this thread and figured I would say hello.

I am a member of the World Oyama Karate organization and train at the Homewood, Alabama dojo under Saiko Shihan Y. Oyama.

I am currently an orange belt and was hoping to go for my green belt but was unable to attend the promotion last week. Anyway, thought I would say hello to anyone with my first post.