supacoopatroopa

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not intend to offend you or your style in any way, and I really did consider joining World Oyama Karate, but I was very turned off when I found out that you could pass your white belt test while studying at home and doing things on the internet.

LINK

Are they still doing this? I know the style has a very good reputation, and when I mve (within the next 6 months), I'm going to need to find a new dojo.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

im a kyokushin practioner of 12 years..far as earning a belt over the internet im not familier with anything like that..but it does'nt suprize me...its a very popular style worldwide, and would be a easy way to make money...makes me sick..

OK, enough of this bullshit Krunchy Frog, I told you last time you raised this...

World Oyama DOES offer Internet lessons but these have to be backed up by real lessons and a real physical promotion test.

Each kyu you have to fight one more full-contact fight at the end of the promotion test, with 10 fights at first kyu and a minimum 15 for first dan.

I know of Shotokan instructors (under K. enoida) in remote areas of Scotland who did their dan grading via book learning and written tests remotely, backed up by real physical testing at one time later.

World Oyama Karate was founded by Shigeru Oyama, his brother Y. Oyama and M. Miura, none of whom can be called weak or light weight.

I just fought in a knockdown tournament in San Diego attended by World Oyama, Kyokushin, Muay Thai, Siedo Kai Kan and Karate Juku fighters.

I watched my team mates demolish both a 1st Dan Kyokushin that has just qualified for the all Japan championships (broken nose by knee kick to face) and a Seido Fighter. The winner was an amazing fighter (World Oyama) from Atlanta who fought our top fighter in the final (it went three two minute rounds and was so close it went to the judges).

World Oyama Karate is as hard as it gets. We have lots of ex Kyokushin fighters in our dojo, from Japan, Poland, Lithuania, Russia and the US and all say the World Oyama is almost identical in training.

So before you knock our style I suggest you go and train at a World Oyama dojo and get some respect or better still, bring your bad attitude to one of our tournaments and see how well you do.

Osu!

ET

Evil Ted: I'd like you to look through any and every post of mine and find one time I've insulted World Oyama Karate. All I've done is question online teaching, and asked about how it works. As a matter of fact, in both this thread and previous ones, I've expressed interest in actually joining World Oyama Karate, as I'm moving in the next six months and need to find a new dojo.

Why are you so defensive about your style when all I'm doing is asking questions?

supacoopatroopa: According to their website, World Oyama Karate still offers online training.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke