• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

please help me choose the best style for me!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokan might be good for you but it also depends on how you are built and what your skills are. I mean I always wanted to do monkey kung fu (I am aware that it has a proper name but I can't remember it by heart) but after some research I felt that it wasn't for me.

I definitely throw my vote in for Shotokan, but that's because I'm biased.

Not sure about the great offense part though. I've always been taught to wait for the other guy to make the first move.

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Wap

"Fighting fighting. Same Same"

"But you know karate!"

"Someone always know more..."

I'd tell you to go for Shorin Ryu, because it teaches you offense and defense at all ranges of combat and incorporates weapons, joint locks, muscle and pressure point manipulations and it doesn't matter how your body is built as it relies more upon efficiency rather than pure muscle power (although it does try to strengthen the body).

As the principles in JKD are merely repackaged principles present in all true traditional martial arts, I'd say it is not that special...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

My vote for Shotokan... it's the all-in-one for me personally. The classic shotokan is great for conditioning, and sparring will get you feeling confident in a fight

In truth virtually any MA, at a certain level will fit you for self-defense... if you automate your moves, u'll have no worries....

A true shinobi is not defined by the number or quality of techniques he uses, but by the will and the determinations he has to improve himself...

Wait, are we talking about KARATE styles here, or MAs overall? If you wanna be a good fighter id do Muay Thai. Other wise, I would say its up to you, on how much self defese you learn, mostly all styes have the same movements, you just gotta know how to use them right!

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

9 miles away!?! Id rather go shotokan then. 9 miles isnt worth it half the time, you would ride bus for like hours... Unless the shorin ryu teacher is really really good and much better then the shotokan, id go shotokan.

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

JKD(Chines boxing styles) will take you one way and Karate( Jap.&Okin. styles) to another way. if you can, try both of them for a short time and see which one you enjoy more.