• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

olympic tkd vs. normal tkd

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I go to a traditional TKD school, but I compete in Olympic style tournaments. When you talk about Olympic TKD you are just talking about a set of rules of competition. It's not a separate genre of TKD, per say. Some people may consider it different, and that's fine, but Olympic sparring was designed to showcase the power and kicking techniques of traditional TKD. Modern players are just getting more creative in their presentation of these techniques for strategic reasons.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

I couldn't agree with you more.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

if you are comparing wtf to itf then there are a lot of differences. the forms are totally different and the philosophies are different. the sparring is also different. wtf focuses on kicks full contact whereas itf uses hand and foot techniques with control. both ideas are good. if you are in it for the competition go with wtf. if your are into the tradition go with itf.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"