• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

who's proud of their ink? Post your MA tattoos here!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hm. I was just letting you know from a perspective of someone who's been inked a few times that it'll be especially painful. There are other places you can get inked that will still hurt a fair bit, but won't be quite that rediculous.

Anyway, I was more making an observation than insulting or questioning your choice.

Kyle I too have been inked a few times but this one is special to me.Everyone is wanting me to get this tat done on my back but not alot of people get their stomachs tatted.I have this thing about getting painful tats such as the next one I have planned after my stomach is the soft inside of the arm.I guess I'm a gluton for pain.but thanks for sharing your opinion with me

I've had the inside of my arm done...

doesn't hurt at all...honest!! :lol:

On a side note, what's people's preferred methods to prevent scabbing on a new tatt?

Personally, I prefer to sit in a red-hot bath (as hot as I can stand it. Then I have some cream from the Tattoo Hemp Company that I rub on it. Doesn't scab over at all and it keeps the colouring longer too.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Ummmm..how long do you sit in the bath for? A week?? :P Hee hee! Really, all you need to do is put A&D ointment on it and keep it moisturized for about 4 days after you get inked. After that, regular Lubriderm lotion is good. Peeling is somewhat inevitable, but NEVER pick at the scabs or rub them off. They'll come off when you apply the lotion. I did that on both tats, and one of them is about 10 years old and still looks great. That one has a lot of color in it, too. If you can't find A&D ointment, then any diaper rash ointment for babies works fine.

Mixed Martial Artist

One my first 3 tat I used A&D as instructed and only had one small scabbed spot on each but seemed to take forever to heal.On my last I used Tattoo Goo an never scabbed at all and the tat healed super quick and looks better than any of my others

Ummmm..how long do you sit in the bath for? A week?? :P

Naw, just 6 days... :roll: :P

Usually, just the regular time for having a bath.

A guy who has a full body suit told me that sitting in a boiling hot bath for half an hour or so is the best way to prevent scabbing - no lotion needed afterwards. He said that a Japanese tattooist had told him to use the hot-bath method.

However, I usually use Hemp Cream or baby lotion afterwards to keep the tattoo moisturised.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!