• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

who's proud of their ink? Post your MA tattoos here!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sure !!! left and right arm bands.......not the usuall barbed wire thing....more like tha crown of thorns....to symbolize the pain of the training the last 30 years has brought me.....red coloring to symbolize the blood.....and the "GoJu Ryu" characters on the left arm within the band....cause GoJu is closest to my heart.....the characters for " bushido", the way of the warrior on my right arm, also within the band.....the bands are identical except for the Kanji.....I also have the characters for "master killer" on my neck in red and black......but....like you......Im feelin' the need to get drilled again......thinkin' of twin dragons the start at the center of my traps...right by the "master killer" kanji....and going out towards the outer part of my shoulders........whatcha got now ?.....and what are ya thinkin' of gettin ??????

~Master Jules

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

I've got a tiger around a yin-yang on my right arm. The kanji for "honour" on my left shoulder, and a crane on my left arm. Currently on my back I have a dragon, two fu dogs, and an outline of a phoenix. My plans include getting a second phoenix on my back, and then adding in the background so my entire back is finished.

I have a dragon on my left arm with some Kanji. On my right arm I have "The way of the warrior" in Kanji (Bushido). Both have significance to me. I am part Japanese so the dragon and kanji below that fit right in. I recently had the writing on my other arm added to signify the warrior code that I live by both on and off the proverbial "battlefield" (this ties into what I do for a living, so it has meaning to me). Make sure you get a tattoo that is specific to you. Don't go to a studio and pick some flash off the wall and ink up your body with stuff that looks cool. Have someone design something original for you. I drew out the Kanji for both of my tats, and had the tattoo artist design the presentation and the dragon as well. The Kanji looks like brush strokes and came out real nice. Bottom line, get something that you know you'll be proud to display for the rest of your life that tells a story of your life. Make sure you check out the artist before you get it done also. That's almost as important as what you get.

Mixed Martial Artist

I have quite a few tattoos, but only one martial arts related one. It's the kanji for karate, on my upper right arm, with a silhouette of a karateka doing a kick underneath it.

I agree with Rich's point about not getting just any old piece of flash - I think it's much better if a persons ink is designed specifically for them. All my tattoos have been designed specifically for me and they all have meaning.

Aw, you're all making me want to get some more ink work done now!! lol

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

i wanted the wing chun writing on my shoulder.I thought it might be a bit wannabe though, because i am not very far in wing chun.

Be everything. Be nothing.

I don't have any yet, but I wanted either the Moo Duk Kwan logo (the one under my name to the left) or a scroll looking thing with "perserverence" in Korean on my left arm. I picked that for several reasons, MA related and outside of MA.

Laurie F