• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kyoshinkai translates to?

1st KYU

what does kyoshinkai translate to...........it is on a car website that has nothing to do with karate........but i know this word is used in martial arts.

"Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battle field."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

you seemed to have misunderstanded..it is kyoshinkai not kyokushinkai. it is my fault i meant to state the in my initial post.....couldnt find a way to word it though.

i have also heard shin as being heaven, or afterlife etc.. somthing like that. why is this? do the japanese use the word truth as heaven as when you die you will find the truth...im confused.

Well...the Japanese borrowed the Chinese characters for their written language to form the base meanings for their words (they have a different script for foreign words and conjugation/participle/all those kinds of parts of speech). The spoken languages have nothing to do with each other, but the Chinese characters (Kanji in Japanese, which literally just means Chinese characters) share the same meanings.

For all we know, the word in question should be properly romanized as Kyoushinkai (meaning the "o" sound should be long), which adds more difficulty to this problem...

Kyoshin means "Impartiality" (in terms of open-mindedness or frankness)

Kyoushin could mean: religious fanaticism, resonance, strong heart, severe earthquake...

Alternatively, making "kai" not to mean organization, but part of the word instead...kyoushinkai could also mean competitive exhibition or prize show...(this may be the most accurate, as this was a car ad or something)

That being said (my favorite phrase, if anyone reads any of my other post), sometimes people will just throw random kanji together with the meanings they like to form a cool-sounding name...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

chinese? this is japanese, im sure you meant japanese because kanji is japanese...or did you?

Yes I meant Japanese. Most, but not all kanji, originally came from the Chinese language. As Sho(u)rin Ryuu pointed out, it could mean any of the things he listed. However, it may be an original word, made by the founder. If that is the case, without looking at the kanji, there is no way of knowing the meaning.

As Sho(u)rin Ryuu pointed out, it could mean any of the things he listed.

Hehe, since Shorin Ryu is such a common way to romanize my style, very few people catch that...(the Ryuu was supposed to be a play on "dragon" and "style" as they have the same romanization...but if I put Shourin, then everybody would be confused)...

Good catch!

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/