• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Stage-fright"

Kaos666

IMO what happened to Showmanship ? I think you (anyone) need to play to your audience, not at the price of losing your concentration. I think you want to excite the people watching and seperate yourself from the judges. Have fun and keep going to competitions, you'll get over it, I know you will Kaos666!

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just remember,when your on the stage/mat or whatever..just concitrate on the surface your on.Just think of it you just practicing for that event.Wing it and eventually you'll start getting into it and have fun =D

Good luck!!

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

• 3 months later...

Ah.. I kind of have/had/whatever this same problem when going through my katas. We ran through what would occur during our test (almost exactly) a few times before we actually did, and it always felt weird knowing people were watching you... kinda like a fish in a bowl? :P

Anyways, I only seemed to have trouble when I started moving towards or facing where the rest of the club was sitting. Then it felt weird.. I just tried to focus my eyes through them though, to a point on the wall (a technique I acquired from hs choir performances :P)... that seemed to work.

An unfortunate side effect of this (at least on me) is when I try not to pay attention to my surrounding environment, I really can't think at all (reminds me of playing hs basketball.. I could never hear anything coming from the stands when I was on the court)... I just went through my entire test, and I cannot remember a single time I thought consciously or made an adjustment... and I don't feel I tested as well as I could have, partly due to this... any suggestions on how to focus w/o focusing?? :wink: (as contradictory as that is)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot