• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tricks for quickly disabling an opponent.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i love the old reliable backfist never see it coming i also like the good old sucker punch to knock the wind out of a guy (i know i fight dirty) :lol:

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

Yea i love the old reliable backfist never see it coming i also like the good old sucker punch to knock the wind out of a guy (i know i fight dirty) :lol:

A punch to the stomach is a great fight ender. I dislike the spinning backfist...in fact, I dislike any move where I completely turn my back on my opponent, even if it's only for a second or less...

I agree Enviroman,

Turning your back can be a baaaad thing.

When attacked sometimes you will be grabbed first. I am a big fan of attacking the grabbing arm and using joint locks. Locks can be hard to apply during sparring sometimes. But when someone grabs you, pin the grabbing arm and break some bones ;)

I agree Enviroman,

Turning your back can be a baaaad thing.

When attacked sometimes you will be grabbed first. I am a big fan of attacking the grabbing arm and using joint locks. Locks can be hard to apply during sparring sometimes. But when someone grabs you, pin the grabbing arm and break some bones ;)

Hah, I just realized you are like 25 minutes from me. :)

Where do you study (if you don't mind)?

Try a hammerfist to the clavicle, for disabling. It's hard to fight with a broken collarbone, but not that hard to break a collarbone. If you are in a life-threatening situation, put that same hammerfist int he sterno-clavicular notch - you can dislocate one or both, but if you fracture the clavicle there you run the risk of driving it south into a lung (or possibly the heart, but don't count on that). Either way, the idea is not to kill them, but the joint is a more dangerous technique - but, then, if its all you can reach and your life is in danger....Also try the good old brachial stun, kicking the peritonial or sciatic nerve (yeah, I know, you ahve to be behind them for the sciatic), and a knifehand, ridgehand or hammerfist to the temporo-mandibular joint for dislocation. Or, right below that joint to break the jaw, but that has reprecussions, as the court will wonder just how you can justify making this guy have his jaw wired shut for 18 months. A palmheel to the curve of the ribs (draw straight line down the nipple to the end of the ribcage) also works wonders, but it will break ribs.

Oh, and do use these responsibly....

In Christ

Master Phil Stewart

4th Dan Tang Soo Do

• 1 month later...

I've never been in a real fight, but I have one fast trick up my sleeve :lol: ,

something I train every day, that's the backfist.

Try it without spinning, just pretend like you have an itch on you left shoulder or something, bring your right arm to your left shoulder, and from that position, hit him hard!

Run, don't walk....

Tae-Kwon-Do Pre-Black Belt

Assistant Instructor

wait u have to spin to do a backfist which style is that from i like to good old fashion jkd backfist or sucker punck maybe both togehter mwahahahaha

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

• 6 months later...

hit the back of his knees

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-