• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tricks for quickly disabling an opponent.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its when u can perform a strike without thinking, it just happens and the technique is perfect, u dont have to think about what ur doing because u've practised it so many times that ur muscles "remember" the action. Thats when u know ur a good fighter.

Its like a kick for example; there is lots of things u have to do and remember to perform a good kick, and when u start out u have to think about these things to get the technique right. But after a while, after lots of practice you dont have to think about those things it just happens. It hard to explain.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• 2 months later...
tricks?

I run away , if I am dumb enough to be followed , kick to groin(or rip it out?) ......if it's a woman, chest or knee(chest REALLYYYYY hurts from what I've heard) . Heck some woman perpetrators are really scarie.

Eyes are also a really quick target, or a nice punch to the nose should stun them

Yes the chest really hurts, but a strike to a womens genitals is far far worse! :o :o :o

• 1 month later...

avoid the attack, get close to him in the diaphragm with an uppercut. swirve to his right immediately afterward and snap the elbow. then elbow him in the face and finish it by clawing the face with your right hand, thrusting forward, and then slamming his head into the ground. if timed accurately and if you move fast enough, it will be done and over in less than 10 seconds.

Tricks...? You mean, like secrets? Hmmm... .

Chuck Sullivan tells a story about the evening that Ed Parker taught his senior students the 'secrets of Kenpo'. After regular class, he kept only his most senior students behind. He locked the doors, closed the blinds, and told them it was time for them to learn the secrets. He started out by drilling them very hard on their basics for over an hour and a half. They were all about dead, tired and sweating. But it was worth it to them. They'd been waiting for this a long time, and no one was going to give up until they had those secrets. Then, Mr. Parker told them all that those were the secrets of Kenpo. Solid basics, above all else.

Tricks? The right basics instinctively applied at the right time in the appropriate situation.

Freedom isn't free!

• 4 weeks later...

Are you really looking to open pandoras box.........................? Avoid fighting, but if nessasry a full power roundhouse kick to the back of the leg works well. As for going to court, if you only strike once it is considered reasonable force. You just have to show that it was neccesarry to use an offesive move to justify the strike to the joint. This is the toughest thing to prove.

I have always questioned "what would I do if..." and there is always different factors I would look at. If a guy out wieghs me by 100 lbs, I can out run him, but if he had me in a corner the situation would call for a differnt answer. So I don't think that there is a clear cut anwser other than: anything it takes to save you own butt.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

• 6 months later...

I only use this when it is critical (as in a hate someone) I grab him by the ears or hair and ram the crown of my head into his face. When he drops back from the force of the charge, I mount and I repeatedly do it again and again, holding his head back to the ground.

So far... no one has defended it. Although I know how to defend against it.

drop your chin to your chest.............procceed to knee in the groin............

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."