• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tricks for quickly disabling an opponent.

tricks?

I run away , if I am dumb enough to be followed , kick to groin(or rip it out?) ......if it's a woman, chest or knee(chest REALLYYYYY hurts from what I've heard) . Heck some woman perpetrators are really scarie.

Eyes are also a really quick target, or a nice punch to the nose should stun them

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice answer Shorinryu Sensei

There are way to many factors that go into what works the time, the place, the person, your dress, age, weight, muscle vs fat, the weather, your ability both overall and that given day. Then the same for him or her.

I don't like the idea of first attackaka smash the knee. I like to counter. he punches or grabs then I check out the situation and react. Karate teaches us to react though basics, kata, sparring etc. I have enought faith in my training that I will react. What that reaction will be I don't know but right or wrong I will know I tried. Again there is no fool proof plan. Sad to say.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

the real trick is to train enough to be a much better fighter than the guy whos trying to hurt you. its almost all instinct in a streetfight anyway.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

My best advice is to learn to be spontaneous and deal with the immediate situation which is always different no matter how much you practice some particular techniques. I suggest training yourself to react in a split second, try this FBI training method:

Try to go to the centre of any room in the house or a place, close your eyes and count backwards from 100 to 0.Then immediately open your eyes and speak out loud as many names as possible of the objects you can see in 10 seconds. Practicing this everyday teaches your mind to register, recognize and react to any situation you might be in. I.e. Your reflexes are slowly improved. For a normal person can speak out 10- 14 objects, and there is no limit to how fast the mind can react.

I am disagree , you gotta make them fight your fight ,you gotta create the time and space for your techniques, you can't be spontanouse unless you have some combinations soaked in your body&mind ready to use, this only comes by mastering the combinations.

other thing, attackting joints can make permanent damegs to the opponent, like hitting the knee from front and side. after all if you go to the court you need to show that you didn't use excessive force .

[quote....you gotta make them fight your fight ,you gotta create the time and space for your techniques, you can't be spontanouse unless you have some combinations soaked in your body&mind ready to use, this only comes by mastering the combinations.

other thing, attackting joints can make permanent damegs to the opponent, like hitting the knee from front and side. after all if you go to the court you need to show that you didn't use excessive force .

Good point